Events are back!

MotherAfrica

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten the 'Affluent Population' event...

My only objection to the scenario was that there was no option to try to rescue the hostages instead of blowing them up... <_<

FYI: I predict that an updated list of possible Events will posted on the CN Wiki before the end of the month.

True that there are not any cut and dried "correct" answers..you actually need to do some math and determine which option to choose. I like it..makes those of us just sledding and buying wonders have a little bit more unpredictability..

+1 happiness to Admin

True that there are not any cut and dried "correct" answers..you actually need to do some math and determine which option to choose. I like it..makes those of us just sledding and buying wonders have a little bit more unpredictability..

+1 happiness to Admin

My event was +1.5 happiness or +$3...

I got a 'Neutral' event the first night they were re-implemented (-1 happiness, +2$). My first one in a year and a half at least

Is it the one with oil? I got that one too unfortunatly I picked option 1 and got -1$ when I could have picked option 2 and it broke even.

Just got an event where I lost $10 per citizen. Thanks for cancelling out that new Wonder I just bought with an extremely bad event :angry:

Hope there are positive events that will counter this and especially hope that I don't get another one >_<

Edited by KayvanShrike

Stop calculating. What does it matter if it happens 18% or 10%??? If it happens => it happens. If not => then not.

I think the chance is 50%: 50% for happening and the rest 50% for not-happening. :ehm:

Demoman =/= the math guy.

Go make a suggestion if you haven't already! =D

DeathDread, meet (DAC)Syzygy: <a href="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=590" target="_blank">http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=590</a>

I've been collecting and paying every day in hopes to get a few of these mythical "events" but to no avail. Someone at my alliance forums suggested that there's a 15% chance to get an event each week . . . not sure how he came up with that math . . .

Edited by Shardoon

Demoman =/= the math guy.

DeathDread, meet (DAC)Syzygy: <a href="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=590" target="_blank">http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showuser=590</a>

I've been collecting and paying every day in hopes to get a few of these mythical "events" but to no avail. Someone at my alliance forums suggested that there's a 15% chance to get an event each week . . . not sure how he came up with that math . . .

Well you said like 15% a day so I guess he thought 15% X 7 =105% a week....it doesn't work like that

Edited by AdamX

Option 1: Cut the amount of money going into your wars and military so that you have more to circulate around the economy. Population happiness +1, Citizen income +$2.00.

Option 2: Make cuts to all taxes, except a tariff and small sales taxes. Population happiness +1, Citizen income -$5.00, Citizen count +1%.

Any opinions? Option 1 is all positive effects although the +1% population count could boost me up.

over at The Revolution, all we seem to get are these bad events, I got this one just today

----------

Your main ethnic group and a small minority are experiencing various inter-racial problems. During a heated debate recently violence broke out in your capital city and many buildings were burned.

Option 1: Support only one side as you allow only one ethnic group in your nation. Do nothing about the buildings until the opposition is expelled. Population happiness -2.

Option 2: Send in armed soldiers to quell the violence and restore the buildings to show you retain order in your capital. Citizen income -$3.00.

No Response. Population happiness -3.

------------

Nothing good out of that, all it is is a negative event to slow me down, stupid ethnics...

I just got a bad event, but it didn't hurt me. Apparently wonders can be hurt now as well. I had an event that halved the effect of the mining consortium or decreased the effects of the stock market by 30%. Luckily I have neither :P

I just got a bad event, but it didn't hurt me. Apparently wonders can be hurt now as well. I had an event that halved the effect of the mining consortium or decreased the effects of the stock market by 30%. Luckily I have neither :P

I had one the other day where I had to lose my non-existant affluent population bonus :P