Events are back!

MotherAfrica

6-12-2008

- Events have been turned back on in the game. Some of the existing events have been updated and new events have been added. There is now a 10% chance of getting an event for your nation both when collecting taxes and when paying bills.

Whoo hoo!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I feel about this. It would suck to get a bad event while saving up for your 365anni, but there are also positive events. Let's see how this plays out.

EDIT: First!

Edited by hahne59

Wouldn't it be 20% chance a day if you collect and pay?

Yes.

What are these "events"?

They're... avents. Things that happen that effect your nation positively or negatively.

Btw admin, if you already have an event, is the event (heh, PUN!) of you getting another still 10 percent or is the chance lowered?

Gebiv is correct; you have a 0.9 * 0.9 chance (0.81) of no event, a 2 * 0.9 * 0.1 chance (0.18) of one event, and a 0.1 * 0.1 chance (0.01) of two events. Assuming they are independent, of course.

You have a straight 10% chance of getting an event each day. The probability of getting an event each day is 18%, but that doesn't mean anything concrete.

Edited by ugexe

There is now a 10% chance of getting an event for your nation both when collecting taxes and when paying bills.

Just because most people only pay bills on most days doesn't mean that people never collect taxes and pay bills on the same day, sir. Also, I believe you meant 19%.

Oh boy. I anticipate a bunch of negative events. Even ones with mixed effects probably have a net loss. Seems like most of the updates for this game either hurt my nation, or provide worders for people that have over ten thousand infra. "Oh noes, too much money in the game"

ETA: This is the only game I have ever played where I actually dread updates.

Edited by naamah

Oh boy. I anticipate a bunch of negative events. Even ones with mixed effects probably have a net loss. Seems like most of the updates for this game either hurt my nation, or provide worders for people that have over ten thousand infra. "Oh noes, too much money in the game"

ETA: This is the only game I have ever played where I actually dread updates.

Most of the new events are thinking events. You have to option to sacrafice happiness for an income boost and vice versa or a little population for a land boost and vice versa, etc... Counting all the events in the game they are 48% negative 52% positive.

BTW, the +15% citizen event has been removed.