When to Transition from Tech Seller to Tech Buyer?

gfloyd2002

I've done a few tech deals as the seller and my infra is up to about 1000. I'm thinking ahead to when I start to build up my technology and move from the seller's side to the buyer's side in the tech market. Any advice on when to do this? 2000 infra? 3000?

Cheeers,

gfloyd2002

I and some of the nations in my alliance were wondering the same thing. We were thinking somewhere between 2-3000 infra, but it would be nice to get a 2nd/third opinion.

Not anywhere near now, definitely. Keep selling tech until it's the profit is worth your while.

And keep enough tech for any game requirements you may have.

Before 4k infra, don't worry about it.

I started buying some tech after 4k infra.

You should stay up to around 500 tech at 4k infra at least.

And start buying much more frequently by 6k infra.

And almost buy indefinitely after 7k infra.

[/iMO]

I would say start right before the 4k infra jump and then just keep buying it.

Start buying at 3999 infra, and just sit there collecting money, and buying tech and possibly some wonders before jumping as your bills are very low there with improvement swapping.

I asked a similar question about a month ago... I know the search function isn't working, and it was 3-4 pages back.

When do I start buying tech in tech trades?

From what I gathered, the 4K infra jump appears to be the most ideal. At that point, the money you save on bills due to more tech is greater than the profit you would receive from selling tech.

The best way to 'graduate' is to start at 0 tech then buy 5 batches of 50 tech and send them to trusted nations for them to hold on to. Then buy another 50 tech for yourself. When you're ready to graduate, ask for all 250 tech back at once. When it's all said and done, you will start off buying tech, with 300 tech in your pocket, and you paid 6*50 tech as opposed to the increasing price of tech up to 300 tech.*

*Kudos to Blacky on this advice

Edited by PsylentStorm