Jump

Gma4567

Ive been hearing a lot lately about people saving money for "the jump" between infra levels like when you get to 1000 2000 3000 etc.

My question is: What's the big deal? What happens at/after the jump?

This is semi pertinent info for me considering I am at 800 infra right now and I buy about 50 a day on average.

A jump is a point where either or both the costs of infrastructure and the upkeep on infrastructure go up in price. What is of major concern is the increase in upkeep. This means for example you make more money at 999.99 than you do at 1000 because the upkeep jumps 18% in cost at 1000. So there is a period of time after you past a jump (and for you the upcoming jumps at at 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 8k, and 15k) that you made less than you did before crossing the jump until you receive enough citizens/or new income via improvements by buying infrastructure to overcome the increase in costs. To avoid this loss of income, many players stop short of the jump and accumulate money enough to purchase sufficient infrastructure to get them over that point.

K kool. My friend may have just gotten screwed as he just passed the 1k jump and only has about 80 grand on him AND he needs to buy 100 tech in about 10 days to fulfill his side of 2 tech deals.