Next wonder

jerdge

Hello.

My Nation already has the two "standard" initial wonders, the SSS and the SM.

I think I understood that many people get the IS then, but I was unsure about my case. I will share here my thoughts.

My current daily infra bill is around 900k, thus the benefit of the IS would be ~72k. When I'll reach 3,999 infra I should have a bill of around 1.13 millions, with an IS benefit of ~90k.

The other Wonder I was considering is the NRL. It gives a +5% of population (in my case ~1,700 citizens). Since each of my citizen pays ~90 per day in taxes, it would be a benefit of ~153k. In addition I would save an extra 3% on Technology (and I heavily sell Tech).

On the other hand, I would be giving up the 8% bonus when buying Infrastructure, however I'm unsure whether I'll grow much in Infra in the next future (I'm near the 4k jump and maybe I won't go over it for a while).

In fact, trying a more detailed assessment (but not explaining each bit of it):

1. Rough estimate of my next month's infra purchases: 20+ millions (~350 Infra levels?)
  2. Rough estimate of my "new" infra bill (at 4,200?), not counting the IS effect: 1.5 millions
  3. Benefit expected if I take the IS: 20,000,000 * 0.08 + 1,500,000 * 0.08 * 30 = 5.2 millions (in one month).
  4. Extra citizens with NRL+new infra: ~1,800.
  5. Extra income with the NRL: (1,800 * 90)* 30 = 4.9 millions.
  6. Savings on Tech expenditure: 600,000 * 0.03 * 5 = 90,000.

For the following reasons I decided to go for the IS:

• 5.2 > 5.0.
  • I can fully exploit the NRL when I'll start really increasing my Tech level, not now.

Did I make any mistake in my math?

Thank you for reading.

To be honest I'de take the 45m you'd pay for the Interstate and dump it all on infrastructure, then buy Interstate once you have reached the 5k Jump, but before you go over it. I have both the Wonders you have, plus IS and NRL this is the order I bought them in...

SM - 4k infra

SSS - 4.6k

IS - 5.2k

NRL - 5.5k

In retrospect I should have waited to jump untill I got the IS, but I don't think getting it before the 4k jump makes very much sense.

Edit: If your sure you want a wonder now also think about these two things...

NRL gets you at least one new improvement slot, put a police headquarters in it and your getting an extra +2 happiness from it, also NRL costs 10M less money which could be spent on infra...

Edited by nc1701

Edit: If your sure you want a wonder now also think about these two things...

NRL gets you at least one new improvement slot, put a police headquarters in it and your getting an extra +2 happiness from it, also NRL costs 10M less money which could be spent on infra...

You're correct, maybe I'll change my mind on that. Thank you for your reply.