Jumping or getting wonders?

mdnss69

My current infra level is at 4570 or thereabouts. I'm a little confundeled that when I reach the 4999.99 mark, should I save up for the big jump (infra jump calculator said it would cost roughly 30million) or should I start concentrating on saving up for my first wonder (I would have to ask the age old question if this is the case, SSS [40m] or SM[30m]?). What would be the advisable option? Currently I make a mere 1.5 million a day after taxes but a lot of this goes to people within my alliance...

Well I can't do the math for you since I can't see your figures, but for SM: take your citizen count and times it by $2.8 to find out what it will bring. For SSS: take your Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day and times it by 30%, then by your citizen count. Whichever gets more, buy.

But yeah don't even think about crossing 4999.99 infra without a few wonders. I mean I have 4999.99 infra and clear about $5m+ a day with my 5 wonders.

Okay, SM would boost me about 175k oer day and the SSS by 250k or so. Would it be a good idea to take a leaf out of your book and after these buy the Internet, Great Temple, Great University as well in that order?

Stock Market should be bought first since it is cheaper, starting your wonder cycle earlier. I would suggest saving up now because most people buy wonders starting at 4k infra, not 5k. SSS after the SM.

My current infra level is at 4570 or thereabouts.

Currently I make a mere 1.5 million a day after taxes but a lot of this goes to people within my alliance...

You are doing something wrong if that's what you make a day after bills with that infra :-\

Okay, SM would boost me about 175k oer day and the SSS by 250k or so. Would it be a good idea to take a leaf out of your book and after these buy the Internet, Great Temple, Great University as well in that order?

Not necessarily the Great University. Your order is prob gonna line up: SSS, SM, Great Temple, Internet, Great Monument.

Thats providing your not making the 5K jump anytime soon.

Great University was so good for me due to my 2,665.13 tech.

Yea, I bought a wonder at around 4k infra, and it helped me get closer to the 5k jump. Since I bought a SM first, it allows me to clear 4 mil a day after bills at 4,799.99 infra. So I recommend buying one now.

You are doing something wrong if that's what you make a day after bills with that infra :-\
Yea, I bought a wonder at around 4k infra, and it helped me get closer to the 5k jump. Since I bought a SM first, it allows me to clear 4 mil a day after bills at 4,799.99 infra. So I recommend buying one now.

Strange the differences in intake per day. Perhaps an audit?

As far as I can tell my resources are the best for infra as I can make them, cattle & pigs (mine), gold & water, coal & lead, aluminum & oil, marble & lumber >> steel, automobiles, construction, microchips, radiation clean-up, asphalt and scholars. I know most of these are infra reductors (possibly change them in favour of the income boosters once I reach the 4999 mark?)

My military is a little excesive, but it really doesn't cost that much extra per day (Is there a specific military : population ration?) My government type is right (capitalist), so is the religion. My tech rate is just above the 11:1 ration and I plan on getting more when I have a slot clear. What's going wrong?

(Nation ID >>> 148768)

Anything at all is good so keep it coming :)

Strange the differences in intake per day. Perhaps an audit?

As far as I can tell my resources are the best for infra as I can make them, cattle & pigs (mine), gold & water, coal & lead, aluminum & oil, marble & lumber >> steel, automobiles, construction, microchips, radiation clean-up, asphalt and scholars. I know most of these are infra reductors (possibly change them in favour of the income boosters once I reach the 4999 mark?)

My military is a little excesive, but it really doesn't cost that much extra per day (Is there a specific military : population ration?) My government type is right (capitalist), so is the religion. My tech rate is just above the 11:1 ration and I plan on getting more when I have a slot clear. What's going wrong?

(Nation ID >>> 148768)

Anything at all is good so keep it coming :)

Your trades can be optimized to make you more money per day. You should have all of the following

[Aluminum] [Cattle] [Fish] [iron] [Lumber] [Marble] [Pigs] [spices] [sugar] [Water] [Wheat]

and then 1 extra, your choice, but I recommend either [uranium] or [Gems]

Also, I'd recommend having at least 1,000 tech for your level.

Umm my environment is getting a 3.43 which is okay, not great but that's a reflection of the wars at the moment <_< Edit; bought 4 border walls after decommising factories since I won't buy infra before I jump in a long long time, so my enironment is down to 1.43 and my I calculate my income up by 250k or so per day :).

What I'm noticing of Gebiv's and Alden Peterson's nations is the similarity of trades, the focus on income boosters rather than infra reductors. At the moment I think my total resources are great, but unlike ye, its a focus on infra reductors rather than boosters.

Also, I'd recommend having at least 1,000 tech for your level.

Yup, dosing up on 200 tech for the next week so that should be ok, I'll keep it coming in then from there.

Edited by mdnss69

Cut down all your military. It's not a huge deal, bills wise, but every bit helps. Also, I'm not sure, but it seams like you should only have 2 border walls. I could be wrong about that, I can't see all the info.

Other than that, it's been said her before, but go to 3bg.

Well, it's his trades that is killing him the most. A standard 8 resource build at least has Fish and Wheat for population modifiers. But because of his starting resources being Cattle and Pigs, they're using those slots in the build which cut the standard modifer for the 8 resource build from 1.1664 to 1.0868. Just that difference alone probably has cost him 3000 citizens. He would probably have nearly 10000 more citizens if he had the three resource build (which his resources are ideal for); even more since he wouldn't need as many border walls not importing Coal or Oil as he is now.

Would it be a good idea to take a leaf out of your book and after these buy the Internet, Great Temple, Great University as well in that order?

get a national research lab instead of Great University. More bang for your buck.

Umm my environment is getting a 3.43 which is okay, not great but that's a reflection of the wars at the moment <_< Edit; bought 4 border walls after decommising factories since I won't buy infra before I jump in a long long time, so my enironment is down to 1.43 and my I calculate my income up by 250k or so per day :).

What I'm noticing of Gebiv's and Alden Peterson's nations is the similarity of trades, the focus on income boosters rather than infra reductors. At the moment I think my total resources are great, but unlike ye, its a focus on infra reductors rather than boosters.

Yup, dosing up on 200 tech for the next week so that should be ok, I'll keep it coming in then from there.

4 Border Walls for a nation with less than 5k infra. No way, Jose! Drop at least three. Do it before collecting taxes so you can see how much extra you will make.

4 Border Walls for a nation with less than 5k infra. No way, Jose! Drop at least three. Do it before collecting taxes so you can see how much extra you will make.

Environment causes a huge change with that now.

I basically don't lose any citizens when I buy border walls at just under 6k infra :awesome:

edit; okies there are a lot of conflicting things here. My border walls are there at the moment because I'm only collecting and paying bills, I'm not buying infra or anything. I've easily payed off the cost of switching.

I also have my 1 year anniversery in 20 days exactly so I'll be saving for that soon. It would probably be a good idea to get my trades switched before then. I've messaged a tonne of people about it so hopefully hat will sort itself out within 20 days. Thanks to everyone that answered!

Edited by mdnss69