Question/Correction

thedestro

Global Radiation - Global radiation is a count of all nations in the game attacked with nuclear weapons in the past 30 days. Global radiation negatively affects everyones nation environment in the game up to level 5.0. The bonus resource radiation cleanup reduces global radiation for your nation by 50%.

The current formula for global radiation is: radiation = (total nukes * 300) / total nations

The formula should read:

total nukes hit, and not just total nukes.

Is GRL also affected by nukes that were defended by the SDI? If so,

the formula should read:

total nukes fired

GRL is determined by the number of nations hit by a nuclear missile. If SDI thwarts a nuke attack then it doesn't count. I don't think the information index needs to be updated unless I am missing something here.

if i may...

both are right... total nukes hit would be meaning a certain nation, total nukes used would be meaning everyone...

total nukes would mean that the current GR should be 469.41955590183093104791585508376 (thats assuming the 2,410 Nuclear Armed Nations have 20 nukes each)

i believe what he is saying is that the description is saying all nukes, in stock rather then detonated

Well the formula just reads:

(total nukes* 300) / total nations

Shouldn't it read:

(total nukes hit* 300) / total nations

Nothing major, since I'm sure the average reader figures out that the formula doesn't actually mean just the total nukes in the game.

i believe what he is saying is that the description is saying all nukes, in stock rather then detonated

That is what I'm saying (after I see the thwarted nukes don't apply)

Edited by thedestro

global radiation = (total nations hit by nukes * 300) / total nations

Hmm, that's different.

So a nation that was nuked 5 times, has the same weight in the formula, as another nation that was nuked once?

Hmm, that's different.

So a nation that was nuked 5 times, has the same weight in the formula, as another nation that was nuked once?

This is correct. It escapes me the reasoning behind this but I'm sure there was a reason. :unsure: