New environment effect

Would it be possible to roll the game back from once everything is worked out to just before the update?

Sorry but no. The game is in beta and subject to change at any time. Most people who know me know that I tend to roll out and update and then tweak it for a bit until it is just right. I have never and will never provide roll backs because of beta testing.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the update better since Admin fixed the formula but still its a great loss of citizen but i think this is a mild drop in new nations.So lets see how it affects all of us after its astablished like it should be :) Give the Admin some air XD

The affects are no longer severe enough. Bring back the old update!

*Sunstar kills Brotherington

This does seem more reasonable, though it'll likely take a couple days to know for sure.

Sorry but no. The game is in beta and subject to change at any time. Most people who know me know that I tend to roll out and update and then tweak it for a bit until it is just right. I have never and will never provide roll backs because of beta testing.

Fair enough, I still think its a good update though :)

This game will be in beta forever, won't it? Just an excuse to be able to make afwull changes while you do get paid by donations

Yay, so my 2m spent on land was all for naught, and now I have to collect back up for my infra jump. Lovely.

As an aside, my before-during-after in all of this was 35k citizens, 48 happiness and 78 income / 33k citizens, 29 happiness, and 53 income / 34k citizens, 46 happiness, 74 income...

I can live with the after, but while in the "during" stage I spent that money on land, and now all I have to show for it is a nice boost to my NS. Thanks Admin! <_<

Yay, so my 2m spent on land was all for naught, and now I have to collect back up for my infra jump. Lovely.

As an aside, my before-during-after in all of this was 35k citizens, 48 happiness and 78 income / 33k citizens, 29 happiness, and 53 income / 34k citizens, 46 happiness, 74 income...

I can live with the after, but while in the "during" stage I spent that money on land, and now all I have to show for it is a nice boost to my NS. Thanks Admin! <_<

why would you buy land on impulse like that? seems pretty silly to me

Do wonder why you make changes on a live environment, why not doing it on a development machine?

Also wondering or you ever heard about unit testing

Dude, this is the best version of testing. Hence Beta. With my limited programming experience, this is how I work out the kinks. It's much more efficient.

All the hate-mail can be send to my personal pm inbox, for now I only want to see Admin and the origional poster in this thread for any kind of posts and other people are asked and mostly even commanded to refrain from posting.

Heck, even you comming and applauding will just put more gunpowder on an already overloaded flameship!

I posted this in the Suggestion box thread to, also valid here, so for the most of you lot, DON'T POST!

why would you buy land on impulse like that? seems pretty silly to me
To be fair going by admin's comments at the time he was making it look like it was certain what he had done was intended, we didn't know he had made a mistake.

Precisely that. I had just flipped from forums back to my nation screen, since it looked like that was it, bought the land, and then I flip back after buying the land to see a huge boost in everything for me, and Admin apologizing.

(Meh, pop density was higher than I normally like it, even with water anyway, so .... guess it's not SO bad)

Wow. What a mean spirited comment.

Normally when you change something you change something on a local scale to see how it works out... To see if it does what it's supposed to do. By keeping the game beta forever you are able to change things with using 'beta' as excuse while we are talking about reallife dollars over here... I have donated myself also some times and it feels kinda sad that you can just ruin all I paid for (probably because the fact its beta means we just have to accept all changes and will never be able to get money back (and yeah terms and such will also be there but in the end the law will be above the terms).

I just think its kinda sad to use 'beta' as excuse for actions

Anyway, I am getting called off by a guy from my alliance so I will just keep the honour to myself and back-off from this topic :)

dont talk stuff, the adjustment is pretty fine now:

- Lead was awful before: it is useful now if you are high nuclear armed

- Radiation Cleanup was awful before: it is useful now if the GRL is high

- BorderWalls were not really useful for highlevel nations because the -pop ALWAYS was worse than the env and hap boni: now it depends on your nuclear status and your trades how many borderwalls you need. show some skill and find it out.

- BorderWalls were the 'worst' improvement of all, and either nations never purchased it or as last improvement, now, depending on your nation setup, they become useful IN BETWEEN and you need to figure out yourself what the best moment for your nation is to buy them

- Nuclear war has political impact now, because by starting it you hurt EVERYONE and you will come under political pressure when seeking it

- People have a reason to keep building infra into the higher levels, burning enourmeous sums of cash (which is intented) - the National Environment Office becomes available at 13,000 infra and enables you to get rid of either borderwalls or increase your nuclear stockpile without being harmed too much

That *everyone* loses pop (either via env-penalties or borderwalls) is WANTED to bring down the great inflation spiral of CN, and because its a percentage, big nations are hurt more than small ones - especially if they refuse to fight env.

Dude, this is the best version of testing. Hence Beta. With my limited programming experience, this is how I work out the kinks. It's much more efficient.

I am working for 10 years in the profesional software industry, and i can tell you that its NOT a good idea to do it this way.

Testing it on REAL user is good, but do it on a real BETA system, then you can tweak real time, and see or people like it or not.

It's not just that, but even when I do testing on the development server (there is one btw) I don't always catch all the bugs or think of how something could be different until I get feedback from the community. Most games like this are setup and run pretty much the same way. Changes are performed on the fly because in most cases they have to be.

[OOC]It's certainly a great way to find errors, as he has 20k+ testers, but I'm sure we would all have appreciated running this through some Unit Tests. Depends what technolgies he's using, but something like ReSharper or nUnit with a decent set of test data would have detected issues in the modelling earlier.

Regardless, though, admin has admitted that a couple of mistakes were made, and has both apologised for and corrected these pretty damn promptly. Much more promptly than I would have been able to due to the beauracratic world of the Financial Services industry. ;)

Yeah, technically still a Beta so we have to expect this. And I expect that admin anticipates our responses as well, though perhaps not the level of vitriol.[/OOC]

Changes look much better now, my nations is still at a net loss, but signficantly reduced.

Syzygy, I'm surprised to see you disparage Border Walls as you do. They were much more than useful to any nation between certain levels of competing factors; had you not checked your math on them lately? This change has angered MANY people. I suppose I shouldn't even post this, considering unbiased mod wants to completely quash discussion on this change except between yourself and admin. That's going to prove helpful, isn't it.

this is afecting alot the new nations to not only ther big ones....... ¬¬ !!!

im having reduce taxes alot, my citizen down alot to im just a nation of 15 days and whit this i get down alot now i have alot of military forces beacuse of the pop down i want my pop back like was before :(