New environment effect

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decom nukes, buy land, change trades.

Why should anybody change trades? Wasn't the point of balancing them out, not flip the favors.

And Land has nothing to do with it.

Decom nukes? So what's the point of the Manhattan project again?

Why should anybody change trades? Wasn't the point of balancing them out, not flip the favors.

My thoughts exactly. Why should people be penalized for being a powerful nation?

Decom nukes, buy land, change trades.

What about people that have trades that affect environment or don't really do anything beneficial. They are going to be lucky if they get one person to trade with them. This idea really needs to be done away with fast. Things where fine they way before. This is going to make nation growing move way slower like I said before and things where plenty slow.

From the start I knew this would not be a popular update and I expect to see many threads like this and many PM complaints. My response... bring it on. Environment was a feature that had a lot of potential in the game and now that potential is better realized with this update.

You potentially ruined the game for new comers with this update. You slowed down nation growth for everybody, not only the top nations.

This will only make the gap between young and old nations bigger. Another side bonus is that it makes the Manhattan Project useless (how would a smaller nation now pay the nuke bills with the reduced income?).

To give you an example; I have no clue how I will ever be able to get to 6000 infrastructure now. Unless if I use the money I saved up (but that will only last for a short time) I guess somebody will have to proof how this messes the game up for everybody.

Why not add new things instead of messing with the old things if I may ask? CN has a lot of potential if you would extend the war system. Maybe add a bit more tactics. And what about some real economics instead of trying to mess with nation growth like this.

The only reason I intend to stay now is to get the chance to nuke (DAC)Syzygy somewhere in the next 10 years (as it will probably take me that long to get in his range with your new awesome changes).

I wonder if new nations with no trades can actually pay their bills after this update.

Insta-billock, lol.

Considering quite a lot of nations with decent trades are already in bill lock because of it...

The point I believe was to have Enviroment mean something.

Actually iirc "infrastructure to land ratio" is a factor in the enviroment score.

To enable those outside the top 5% to be able to buy nukes. Doesn't mean they can afford to maintain them.

My thoughts exactly. Why should people be penalized for being a powerful nation?

Why should we have a useless feature?

What about people that have trades that affect environment or don't really do anything beneficial. They are going to be lucky if they get one person to trade with them. This idea really needs to be done away with fast. Things where fine they way before. This is going to make nation growing move way slower like I said before and things where plenty slow.

Well I've made it 400 odd days with pigs + lead and never complained. If you want better resources, re-roll.

Also to the second part; "Rome wasn't built in a day."

You potentially ruined the game for new comers with this update. You slowed down nation growth for everybody, not only the top nations.

This will only make the gap between young and old nations bigger. Another side bonus is that it makes the Manhattan Project useless (how would a smaller nation now pay the nuke bills with the reduced income?).

To give you an example; I have no clue how I will ever be able to get to 6000 infrastructure now. Unless if I use the money I saved up (but that will only last for a short time) I guess somebody will have to proof how this messes the game up for everybody.

Why not add new things instead of messing with the old things if I may ask? CN has a lot of potential if you would extend the war system. Maybe add a bit more tactics. And what about some real economics instead of trying to mess with nation growth like this.

The only reason I intend to stay now is to get the chance to nuke (DAC)Syzygy somewhere in the next 10 years (as it will probably take me that long to get in his range with your new awesome changes).

If you want to make some changes head to the suggestion forum. Why not suggest re-working some improvements/wonders or to add new ones to combat enviroment. Or how about trades being changed, or bonus trades?

Thats all fine and dandy. But what about those people that got royally screwed over by this update? What are they supposed to do in the short term? I have a great environment and lost $30 a day in net income per citizen and about 2,000 citizens.

Making the environment an important feature of the game is okay... Paralyzing nations because of it is not.

I'm relatively new at 31 days, and this update has totally crippled my nation. I went from making about $200,000 a day to $40,000, when combining a population drop of 10% with a happiness drop of 16... I have to form totally new trade circles and dismantle my nation and rebuild it to be an ecofriendly country. Not only that, but this update basically destroys any nation with a -1 environment trade resource. Who wants to trade, when the resource will lead to a 16 point drop in happiness?

This will really discourage newer players from playing the game... Heck, I've put a month's worth of time and $40 in donations to this game, and honestly, with the sheer severity of this update, I don't think I'll play it anymore as long as this stands. I understand the importance of environment in forming a successful nation... However, this update SEVERELY over estimates the environment's roll, and in my opinion harms the fun and balance of the game.

Thats all fine and dandy. But what about those people that got royally screwed over by this update? What are they supposed to do in the short term? I have a great environment and lost $30 a day in net income per citizen and about 2,000 citizens.

Get some aid in the short term.

If you want to make some changes head to the suggestion forum. Why not suggest re-working some improvements/wonders or to add new ones to combat enviroment. Or how about trades being changed, or bonus trades?

I've made several threads in the past with new ideas; but each time the guys that are for this idea come in and say it's bad cause it adds too much changes. But they do not mind ruining the game for half the members.

Get some aid in the short term.

Some alliances are incapable of sending out that much aid, plus a lot of nations in range to be affected by this have their slots full already.

I think this is an absolutely terrible update. So many nations were absolutely ruined by this update. I'm almost glad I rerolled my top 5% nation now, as I'd be royally ****ed now.

Easier said then done.... specially if I were to need it with six full slots. <_<

I dunno. Wait a day. See what admin does.

Am I the only one this hasn't affected that bad?

I mean sure I only have:

Technology: 2,426.86

Infrastructure: 4,629.99

Area of Influence: 4,016.333 mile diameter.

Environment: 4.19

Number of Nuclear Weapons: 2

Your soldier count is at 71%.

But I mean; Estimated clear income: $2,537,975.58 (62% of your whole income)

Sure I've lost about $2m a day clear income, but thats nothing for me to moan about.