Alliances - Questions from a Newbie

smaller

Hello. My nation is just a few days old and I'm still getting to know this game. I've added some land and infrastructure and a few soldiers. I collect taxes daily so I can pay my bills promptly. I've also approved three trades for resources would otherwise not have access to. So far, so good. My big question is how to choose an alliance, more importantly, the right alliance. I just don't know enough about the game yet to base my decision on anything. I have gotten numerous requests to join alliances and they all seem like a good choice, but I just can't tell. I don't want to go to war, and I don't want to meddle in other nations' affairs. I just want my own little nation to flourish peacefully and keep my people happy. So is there a good alliance match for players like me?

Thanks.

There is no guarantee you'll have constant peace. There are LOTS of alliances out there. Read over these forums. If any alliance is getting attacked right now, chances are you wouldn't want to join it, given how you want to avoid war.

I can't find your nation, but if you read over some posts here and take a liking to certain people, you might want to check out their alliance.

Really, I wouldn't want to start this game without being in an alliance. There is a great deal to learn about how things go here and alliances can really help point you in the right directions.

One of the first things you will learn in CN is that unaligned nations, especially those with low NS, are basically target practice for tech raiders.

If you want peace, join an alliance or at least join the red team.

Joining a large alliance will ensure you protection and support, but you may find yourself feeling like little more than a cog in a machine.

Small alliances offer greater fellowship, but lack the security of their larger counterparts.

Since you are concerned about war, you should consider the MDP status of any alliance you might join. The current MDP web can be found here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=19234

Since you are concerned about war, you should consider the MDP status of any alliance you might join. The current MDP web can be found here: <a href="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=19234" target="_blank">http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=19234</a>

Alliances without MDPs aren't safe from wars either, especially smaller ones. Even if you're peaceful, chances are someone will go out of their way to find a reason to attack you eventually unless your reputation is good and well-known.

I wouldn't join an alliance based on the MDPs it has (or lacks).

Edited by Viluin

- join the red team if you just want to stay away from others and try to go your own way, you have the protection from unjustified attacks there given by the NPO (one of the strongest alliances in the game).

- if you want to grow quickly by only doing peaceful business with other nations while staying away from the politics, join the CTC (Citadel Trading Company) which is protected by 5 alliances (TOP, Grämlins, Old Guard, FCC, Umbrella) and offers enourmeous startup aid in exchange for techbusiness.

both pretty good choices for small nations who want to grow peacefully on their own.

- join the red team if you just want to stay away from others and try to go your own way, you have the protection from unjustified attacks there given by the NPO (one of the strongest alliances in the game).

- if you want to grow quickly by only doing peaceful business with other nations while staying away from the politics, join the CTC (Citadel Trading Company) which is protected by 5 alliances (TOP, Grämlins, Old Guard, FCC, Umbrella) and offers enourmeous startup aid in exchange for techbusiness.

both pretty good choices for small nations who want to grow peacefully on their own.

Notice how he recommends groups that will offer you protection. This is a key concept in CN. You will not have peace without protection. Or, rather, if someone disturbs your peace, your protection will keep that disturbance to a minimum.

Nothing is guaranteed, but one can find reasonable ways to minimize one's exposure to risks.

You seem to be looking for a neutral alliance. I would reccomend the Green Protection Agency, but they have proved themselves not so neutral. Go with what (DAC)Syzygy said, join the red team or the CTC.

Notice how he recommends groups that will offer you protection. This is a key concept in CN. You will not have peace without protection. Or, rather, if someone disturbs your peace, your protection will keep that disturbance to a minimum.

Nothing is guaranteed, but one can find reasonable ways to minimize one's exposure to risks.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

How do I join the CTC or apply to join?

Make sure to note that the CTC is not an alliance. It is an affiliation without self-government or self-direction, under the protection of the Citadel bloc of alliances. Once you are of a certain size, should you find in yourself an ambition to participate politically, you will not find a platform inside the CTC to do so; instead you will need to find or found an alliance that can give you the opportunity to do so.

Just something to note.