Wonder questions...

Pentagons and Manhattan Projects...  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't even bother voting as your thought process on a wonder at this time with your nation is a waste of money. This is you correct ?

50 million, will get you to roughly 3200 infrastructure, thats if you follow the norm with improvements and my math is correct with your nations multipliers, now look at my nation, I'm twice your size and am Ranked #5,709 of 31,183 Nations (18.3%) I'm just now saving for my first wonder which will be a Stock Market.

Getting to the top 5% is a hard goal to achieve given the games age.

Edited by Alferius

e.e I know it'll cost 'a lot' I meant like a direct number, that way I have something to shoot for.

Too much. To give you an idea, its cost my $3,297,137,700 to get into the top 1.5%. Of course if you don't give out aid, get into wars or pay as many bills by growing faster it'll be much cheaper.

Spend your money on infra making sure to buy the right improvements as you go. How did you get 50mil anyway?

7.9% here

Bills Paid: $234,172,312.46

Purchases Over Time: $476,635,604.16

but i still agree with back collecting after a huge infra purchase - it really maximizes your efficiency (lower bills at a higher tax collect = simple area under the curve problem)

Ok, i will assume that you will dump your 3 barracks and 1 gcamp to buy 4 more factories before imbarking on your quest to buy massive amounts of infra.

Stop and buy 1600 tech 3 mill 100 48 mil.

With your trades & 5 factories the cost to get infra to get into nuke range from 1,224.98

I went from 1229.99 to 5699.99 for ease of calculation is $215,132,691.42

So just go with 270 mill.

(1561) Galtian Commune 1/21/2007 4:45:46 PM 38,249.987 2,790.95 5,629.99 1,994.72 0 )

Alright so good, atleast I have an idea and something to shoot for. I'll start backcollecting once I finish up my wars and buy into factories and etc. ^^

Oh and to answer the question about how I got the money- I do a lot of tech deals, but my secret and biggest source is cash raiding. I've stopped cash raiding for the time being and reverted back to Tech raiding, as C-raids are kind of risky.

Anyway thank you for the feedback =D

Wouldn't cash raiding be the same as tech raiding?

No, the prep is far harder to do, but it is much more rewarding, but I suppose that's a bit off topic.

-----------------------

Would I be better off keeping one barrack and then selling the rest of the barracks and the remaining guerilla camp for banks? Or would it be better to do factories?

After the game update from yesterday I would defenitely NOT go for the Manhattan Project as your nation will be crippled by it since it will hurt your environment now to own nukes (and import Uranium). Even before update the MP was not great, but now it really sucks for smaller nations like yours.

A pentagon does the same thing a Barracks does, just slightly less. If you want the benifits of a pentagon, buy a barracks.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the pentagon affects offensive battle strength by 20%, while barracks affects battle odds

Also, I fought a nuke rogue who had the manhattan project but no warchest once. So after he fired off all his nukes he never had the chance to buy another. :awesome:

MP is only good if you have a decent warchest to back it up.

Edited by Junkalunka