• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1294367219' post='2566580']
How do we change a topic's title?
[/quote]
You can file a request in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=21]Report Forum Abuse[/url] section with a link to the thread and what you wish the title to be. There is no way to edit it on your own.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote]3-29-2011
There was some confusion regarding the site terms and conditions pertain to automated scripts. The last sentence in clause #7 of the website terms and conditions has been changed from, "Browser add-ons are generally ok as long as they do not cause increased server loads or present security issues." and now reads as, "Static browser add-ons, those that do not perform any kind of automated routines, are generally ok as long as they do not increase server loads or present security issues. If you are planning on running any type of browser add-on you are advised to contact the admin directly and seek approval first."

The reason for this rule is two fold. 1) To prevent server activity spikes from automated scripts and 2) For fairness to everyone who plays the game who follow the rules and do not use automated scripts to gain advantages in-game. If you are going to use a browser add-on with this site and are unsure if it is allowed or not, please ask before using it.
[/quote]

just a quick question about this

the firefox addon iMacros. used purely to cut out the labour of constantly clicking the purchase button when buy massloads of infra. would that be in violation of this now??

all it is doing is automatically hitting the purchase button to stop me from doing it.

[quote name='l2eaper' timestamp='1301458596' post='2680417']
just a quick question about this

the firefox addon iMacros. used purely to cut out the labour of constantly clicking the purchase button when buy massloads of infra. would that be in violation of this now??

all it is doing is automatically hitting the purchase button to stop me from doing it.
[/quote]
Anything that automates clicking is not allowed. Granted, if it was done at a human rate I doubt the system would pick up on it as cheating (since it's designed to stop abnormal load), but whether or not it would it's technically against the rules.

Just be glad admin added the "remember last purchase amount" feature. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to college in the fall, and I believe everyone there will be on the campus network. It's fairly likely that someone else at school will play CN. My nation was created on a home computer, but if I access it from school will I be flagged as a multi?

• 8 months later...

[quote]24.) Why doesn't DEFCON influence military performance?
DEFCON is about defensive readiness, allowing you to purchase more soldiers for a cheaper price, but also at the price of decreased Population Happiness.

Defcon now increases military performance, with a better performance rate at lower defcon levels.
[/quote]

Wait, what?

So defcon doesn't increase military performance, but at the same time it does?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Examus' timestamp='1326859814' post='2901970']
Wait, what?

So defcon doesn't increase military performance, but at the same time it does?
[/quote]
From the Information Index

[quote]DEFCON - DEFCON (DEFense CONdition) level allows nations to specify their national defense condition. DEFCON is a series of different alert conditions that players can set for their nation in the event of an emergency. The five levels of DEFCON are:

DEFCON 5 - Normal peacetime military readiness. (+2 happiness, +20% initial soldier cost, [b]76% soldier efficiency[/b], tank, navy, aircraft strength in battle)
DEFCON 4 - Normal military readiness, increased intelligence and strengthened security measures. (+1 happiness, +10% initial soldier cost, [b]81% soldier efficiency[/b], tank, navy, aircraft strength in battle)
DEFCON 3 - Increased military readiness above normal readiness. (+0 happiness, +0% initial soldier cost, [b]86% soldier efficiency[/b], tank, navy, aircraft strength in battle)
DEFCON 2 - Increased military readiness, but less than maximum readiness. (-1 happiness, -10% initial soldier cost, [b]93% ]soldier efficiency[/b], tank, navy, aircraft strength in battle)
DEFCON 1 - Maximum military readiness. (-2 happiness, -20% initial soldier cost, [b]100% soldier efficiency[/b], tank, navy, aircraft strength in battle)[/quote]

The operative term here is "soldier efficiency."

[quote]Military - [b]Purchasing soldiers provides three functions 1) defend your nation against foreign attacks 2) deploying soldiers overseas to attack other nations and 3) a police force for your population.[/b] Purchasing soldiers will increase your total population count based on real soldier numbers but you will not be able to collect taxes from your military personnel.

Beside your solider counts in-game you will notice a number in parentheses such as Soldiers: 100 (135). The number in parentheses beside your actual solider count is your [b]soldier efficiency[/b] level. [b]The soldier efficiency level indicates how well your soldiers control your population happiness and perform in battle.[/b] In the example provided here the (135) indicates that your 100 soldiers make an effective fighting force of 135 soldiers. [Soldier efficiency levels are affected by certain trade agreements such as Aluminum and Pigs, improvements such as Guerrilla Camps and Barracks, certain events, and certain government types. [b]When fighting ground battles against other nation's battle odds are based off each nation's soldier efficiency level however casualties are based off REAL soldier numbers.[/b][/quote]

The more soldiers you have and the more efficient those soldiers are, the better your nation will do in both attacks and defenses.

Edited by Duncan King

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Can name change requests be applied to other people's nations? I've searched the forums for an answer on it but not go. I did gather there was a form that has to be filled out after donating to change the name (alternatively replying to admin's email).

• 2 months later...

36.) I'm going away. Can I have someone look after my nation?
Yes. You may let someone look after your nation while you are on vacation. It is commonly referred to in the community as nation sitting. The player for who you will be nation sitting must alert the game staff of the temporary transfer in the nation sitting thread found here. Once someone has watched your nation for you, your nations will have been logged into from the same computer--the standard rules will then apply: you may never aid, trade, or war with/jointly against other players with that nation again. If you do, your nations will likely be deleted.

I feel like I recall this being changed to a define amount of time immediately after the nation sit. Am I recalling something that I must have made up in my mind or did this change?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/80984-nation-sitting-thread/

If you read the OP it doesn't seem to indicate this permanent ban from aiding, trading or doing joint war.

Edited by Shimmer

• 2 months later...

2.) My family/friend wants to play but we are on the same network. What do I do?
Only one nation is allowed per IP as of 03/13/07. Period.

I heard this is no longer the case and friends/family/roommates can share a network but their nations cannot interact in any way?

2.) My family/friend wants to play but we are on the same network. What do I do?
Only one nation is allowed per IP as of 03/13/07. Period.

I heard this is no longer the case and friends/family/roommates can share a network but their nations cannot interact in any way?

Multiple accounts controlled by different players on the same computer network are now permitted. No interaction (war, trade, foreign aid, etc..) between players on the same network is allowed either directly or through 3rd parties (ie. no sending foreign aid to someone who is not on your network who then sends foreign aid back to someone who is on your network).

• 7 months later...

Can my two household members, controlling their own nations, join the same alliance?  Obviously no war, trade, aid...  

Multiple accounts controlled by different players on the same computer network are permitted in Cyber Nations Standard Edition. No interaction (war, trade, foreign aid, etc..) between players on the same network is allowed either directly or through 3rd parties (ie. no sending foreign aid to someone who is not on your network who then sends foreign aid back to someone who is on your network). Multiple accounts controlled by the same player remains against the rules.

36.) I'm going away. Can I have someone look after my nation?

Yes. You may let someone look after your nation while you are on vacation. It is commonly referred to in the community as nation sitting. The player for who you will be nation sitting must alert the game staff of the temporary transfer in the nation sitting thread found here. Once someone has watched your nation for you, your nations will have been logged into from the same computer--the standard rules will then apply: you may never aid, trade, or war with/jointly against other players with that nation again. If you do, your nations will likely be deleted.

37.) If I become inactive, what happens?
At 25 days of inactivity (activity is defined as logging into your nation) your nation will be moved into inactivity mode. It can be reactivated with certain restrictions when you return to the game. You can also give your nation to a friend during your absence.

WORK IN PROGRESS
Please keep contributing to the FAQs!

#36: needs to be updated to account for: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/28-read-moderation-announcements/?p=3157084

#37: days before inactivity needs to be corrected based on: http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Inactivity_Mode

How to balance the tax revenue and bill? My tax revenue is lesser than my bill even after I cleared my bills and bought additional infrastures.

The more infrastures I bought, the more tax revenue (and other things) I received, the more the bill expense increase too.

In order to maximise my revenue, I used resources that increase citizens' income instead of the regular happiness or other factors.

As for tax, I had to increase to 20% from 10% (which sounds quite high for me)...

PS: I'm not trying to be dependent on this forum seeking help for every issue occur, but this is really frustrating and can't be resolved without a reliable guidance.

Edited by XP mai

How to balance the tax revenue and bill? My tax revenue is lesser than my bill even after I cleared my bills and bought additional infrastures.

The more infrastures I bought, the more tax revenue (and other things) I received, the more the bill expense increase too.

In order to maximise my revenue, I used resources that increase citizens' income instead of the regular happiness or other factors.

As for tax, I had to increase to 20% from 10% (which sounds quite high for me)...

PS: I'm not trying to be dependent on this forum seeking help for every issue occur, but this is really frustrating and can't be resolved without a reliable guidance.

You need to get some trades going, buddy.  Instead of getting benefits from just your own two resources, you can get benefits from 12.  Read this for more info.

http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Resources_&_Trades

• 3 weeks later...

10.) My Population Happiness just went down! Why?

Many things can unexpectedly drop your Population Happiness. Check your Trade Agreements to make sure one of your trading partners did not cancel the trade or change teams. Also check your government and religion; some governments add a bonus to Population Happiness. Other possible factors in decreased Happiness: Environment rating, soldier casualties and increased DEFCON levels.
  • My trade agreement is fine
  • Government type right
  • Religion is satisfactory, I'll change back to the preferred soon
  • No wars at the moment although ex-700 casualties in record
  • DECON 5
  • Low threat
  • Happiness related improvements are built

Somehow my people are still very unhappy :(, it happens since the time I played this game!

Your trades aren't that good. you need to have 5 of them and they need to be good pairs.

Something like [fish/wheat] [cattle/pigs] [sugar/spices] [water/uranium] [marble/aluminum] [Lumber/iron] would be best for your nation while it is growing.

You're also only about 100 infra above the 1k jump point. After 999.99 infra, there's a significant jump in infra bills you want to have at least 200-300 infra and good improvements to surpass.

It's worth looking into an alliance with better guides if no one is helping you with this, honestly. There are any number of changes you could make to your nation set up to make your nation more efficient.

Your trades aren't that good. you need to have 5 of them and they need to be good pairs.

Something like [fish/wheat] [cattle/pigs] [sugar/spices] [water/uranium] [marble/aluminum] [Lumber/iron] would be best for your nation while it is growing.

How to pair them up? (or: How to know they're a pair)

It's worth looking into an alliance with better guides if no one is helping you with this, honestly. There are any number of changes you could make to your nation set up to make your nation more efficient.

Can you tell me (all) the changes please? Or they're all told?