Frequently Asked Questions

Sword of Estel

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Regarding Nation Sitting, the rules state "Note that you will never be allowed to aid, trade, or war with/along side of the nation you sit again." I assume this means the sitter and sittee cannot war against each other AND cannot declare war on the same nation at the same time. What would happen if a nation unrelated to these two nations declare war on BOTH the sitter and the sittee?

I assume nothing, and realize this is paranoid, but I'd rather not be deleted because an alliance war broke out and someone declared war on two nations who were sitting for each other at some point.

Regarding Nation Sitting, the rules state "Note that you will never be allowed to aid, trade, or war with/along side of the nation you sit again." I assume this means the sitter and sittee cannot war against each other AND cannot declare war on the same nation at the same time. What would happen if a nation unrelated to these two nations declare war on BOTH the sitter and the sittee?

I assume nothing, and realize this is paranoid, but I'd rather not be deleted because an alliance war broke out and someone declared war on two nations who were sitting for each other at some point.

See here

If one of the two nations is attacked the other cannot declare an offensive war against the attacker to come to his/her defense. However, if both sitter and sittee are attacked (defensive wars) by the same nation, as in the scenario you described, there is no rule violation because neither of them would have been able to prevent their being at war with the same nation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

42.) How many times can I donate?
You can only donate as many times as you want each month. However, you will only receive a donation bonus for the first donation your nation receives each month. You can donate to both [b]youself[/b] and a [b]freind[/b]/friends and all of you who haven't yet received a donation bonus will receive one for the month. Remember the minimum donation amount is $5.00 USD.

That is all. Those two words are spelled wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JULES' date='25 April 2010 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1272247931' post='2275271']
I think the game should allow players to upload their own flag.
[/quote]

If you win a round of Tournament Edition, you can do that.

I suspect (aside from the bandwidth/storage issues), that another reason why is because Admin doesn't feel like having to delete a thousands of flags of things that Should Not Be Seen. (Genitals, etc). And, not everyone feels like coming up with their own flag, and many alliances have their own flags -- this would make it difficult for players to find the correct flag for their alliance.

Likewise, it would take out some of the incentive to win TE/get a sanction.

• 3 weeks later...

The nation sitting thread can now be found here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80984

The OP has already been edited to reflect this, is there someone else you are following that link from? If so, please direct us to the location of the link and we'll update it.

• 4 weeks later...

There's not a specific link just for signature rules, but they are listed in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules]board rules[/url] link that's accessible from the top-right of every page, as well as the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=17]Forum Rules[/url] thread in the Moderation forum.

Since the upgrade to IPB3, the signature settings [i]should[/i] prevent you from breaking those rules. But you should still be sure to keep what you're trying to add within the stated rules on the off chance that the setting fails to work correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='itida' date='03 July 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1278195981' post='2359028']
I have been meaning to ask this question for a long time, but haven't found the appropriate place.
How does a person become a moderator?

Do they have to bribe admin?(j/k)
[/quote]

[quote]Do not ask about becoming or campaign to become a moderator. [b]The moderators are drawn from CN membership but moderation positions are by invitation only.[/b] Asking to become one will substantially decrease your chances of ever being asked.[/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules]The rules[/url] contain your answer.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='13 July 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1279056008' post='2369663']
I have another question. If mods are drawn from CN membership, why do most not have nations? :3

Not a joke question.
[/quote]
Moderators have accounts which are separate from their player accounts.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='13 July 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1279064626' post='2369810']
Are those accounts kept secret or do people know which mod is which nation?
[/quote]
[b]Moderation Staff[/b]
The revealing of the private identities of any Cyber Nations staffers past or present is strictly prohibited, and thus no speculation/accusation of identity is allowed

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='13 July 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1279056008' post='2369663']
I have another question. If mods are drawn from CN membership, why do most not have nations? :3

Not a joke question.
[/quote]
In anticipation of the next question you might make, the mods that do have nations are game staff who use those nations for testing purposes, and those nations have no relation to their player accounts.

As I have been effectively out of the game for some time I would like some clarification which I have not yet found regarding nation sitting.

[quote="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=17"][b]Nation-Sitting[/b]
If a user is unable to access their nation for any period of time then they may have another user control it over that period. This must be reported [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=14"]here[/url] and during that time these nations may not interact in trade, aid or wars (whether in cooperation with or against). [b]Any attempts to use loop-holes such as 'money-laundering' are also illegal. If any of these rules are broken all of the nations will be deleted[/b]. [i]Nation-Sitting may only last up to a maximum of four weeks.[/i] If longer than this is necessary then the user must contact a game mod for permission, and state who has granted it in the nation-sitting thread.[/quote]

and conflicting:

[quote="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80984"][b]If the length is more than 10 weeks...don't bother.[/b]
That's getting too close to indefinitely sitting/giving away your nation.[/quote]

One says four weeks, the other 10.

Anyways, it has always been my belief that a nation sitter is forbidden to distribute aid/essentially liquidate a nations assets under the guise of "Im letting Ruler X sit my nation, Ill be back in 10 weeks", in the mean time the sitter plunders the nation they are sitting for the duration of the nation sit only for the original ruler never to return and the nation gets deleted due to account inactivity.

Is my belief correct or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

[quote name='bill n ted' timestamp='1280265648' post='2391622']
As I have been effectively out of the game for some time I would like some clarification which I have not yet found regarding nation sitting.

and conflicting:

One says four weeks, the other 10.[/quote]
The maximum amount of time is 10 weeks. The post that said 4 weeks has been corrected.

[quote name='bill n ted' timestamp='1280265648' post='2391622']Anyways, it has always been my belief that a nation sitter is forbidden to distribute aid/essentially liquidate a nations assets under the guise of "Im letting Ruler X sit my nation, Ill be back in 10 weeks", in the mean time the sitter plunders the nation they are sitting for the duration of the nation sit only for the original ruler never to return and the nation gets deleted due to account inactivity.

Is my belief correct or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
[/quote]
Although there is nothing wrong with liquidating your own nation on your way out of the game, what you described would be considered giving away your nation rather than legitimate Nation Sitting and is therefore against the rules. If you know of a specific incident you could post in the Report Game Abuse section or PM a Game Mod and we can look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1281244622' post='2404322']
So mods do have both "mod" nations and regular nations?
[/quote]

Some do, some don't. Whether or not they have player nations is confidential. And it would be an unhealthy idea to continue this line of questioning.