ToS rule 7

Olreich

By using this service you agree not to access Cyber Nations with any other programs than web browsers.

This does not apply to what my question is, as I'm talking about a supplement to a web browser interface.

Such other programs are in particular so called "Bots" as well as other tools that simulate, replace or supplement the web interface.

Would this ban the use of displaying any HTML that is not, by default, loaded on the page (even if this HTML does not in some way have variables derived from the HTML of Cyber Nations, but is merely an implementation to expedite the process of obtaining data without having to navigate away from Cyber Nations? An example would be a script that loads HTML into the bottom of the page that contains general strategy information in a fixed location at the top-left of the screen. The information pulls nothing from Cyber Nations, just loads extra content onto the page.

The same applies to scripts and completely or partially automated programs that provide advantages towards other users and auto-refresh-functions and other browser integrated mechanisms.

No auto-refreshing, and nothing that will provide an edge over other players. So essentially, no cheating or automation of the user experience. Am I correct?

You must agree to not, under any circumstance, run scripts of any kind against this website.

And this includes hacking, as well as what else?

Don't run scripts or bots or auto refresh programs against the game that causes extra server load, don't screen scrap stats from the game in an automated fashion, don't run programs that auto perform tasks for you such as collecting taxes, don't alter the game logo.

If you're just changing the color of the background or adding a tool tip to the screen that is ok. Does this answer you questions?

can you confirm or deny that the widespread script called "CN Advisor" (Greasemonkey) is allowed or forbidden?

As far as I know, it does not create extra server load, but does some calculations with the data shown in your nation view and it replaces and adds more info-fields.

So, it generates no "automated actions", but gives the player additional informations without user input (like copypasting into an external calculator or looking into a guide).

...replace or supplement the web interface.

That is exactly what it does, however, I have heard some people saying it is allowed, some say it is forbidden. I am sure you have heard of the program. Can you end this "mystery"? :)

• 1 year later...
can anyone shed some light on the FF add-on CNx (CNExtended) does it operate within the rules all it does is give the better info when purchasing improvements to way up your options depending on what would be better to buy next

You can't bump old topics like this, it's against the rules. You need to make your own topic if you don't see the answer in the FAQ's or something.

That being said, admin has OK'ed CN-extend.