NEW NATION strength calculations

sayton

Enev though i have droped from 49k to 41k.... i am mad, but i guess its ok seeing as how i do bonous off the 4k for 20nukes and then i dont have to pay the enourmous sum for tank upkeep anymore, which took away like 500k from me. Good choice admin, even if many are mad, argh!!!!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true, but this shouldn't be the case. Countries spend years upgrading their military and amaments, its pointless that a nation can build up their military overnight. This needs to be rectified also

This part of military upgrading is represented by tech. Individual soldiers and tanks merely represent individual soldiers and tanks, rather than the technology levels inherent in there existence.

Also, I like the changes, though I think it should count spies, improvements, and wonders, and that soldier efficiency should be used rather than the actual number. Either that or use both, but with significantly lower modifiers.

Spies are not included in NS calculations so you will not be able to figure out how many spies your enemy has.

That really wouldnt matter as when you click "spy" on a nation, it calculates odds. These odds are based on threat level and number of defending spies.

I just thought admin would add it. It seems to make sense since they cost so much.

well Airforce and CMs cost as significantly amount of cash and are almost "safe hits" on your enemy, what ground forces are not. and 500NS are not a "significant" boost for any nation which is able to afford 50CMs. Same for airforce.

Yes, and I understand that this may just be quibbling. However, I don't see why the throw away CM should have gone from 1.5 in the old system to 10 in the new one, while planes which are even more expensive and permanent items remain at 5. If anything the planes should have gone to 10 and the CMS gone to 5. :P

i understand this change, but i think that this actually makes it harder for smaller nations to get into the top %5. now instead of being able to get close and then buy military to get there, everybody grows at close to the same pace in buying infra so nobody ever really gains much. and it seems like everytime i finally get to a decent NS its then dropped by a change in the formula. i personally do not enjoy this change at all.

Everyone went down in NS. This just gets rid of the need for military inflation and allows for actual growth to occur.

Not true. I went up 3k. I had minimum soldiers and no tanks before. But I had 25 nukes.

i understand this change, but i think that this actually makes it harder for smaller nations to get into the top %5. now instead of being able to get close and then buy military to get there, everybody grows at close to the same pace in buying infra so nobody ever really gains much. and it seems like everytime i finally get to a decent NS its then dropped by a change in the formula. i personally do not enjoy this change at all.

Nope it´s quite the opposite, if you are smart, always have full trades and care about your nation you will raise now much faster into the 5% than anybody else and you will stay there.

Point is care about your nation, if you don´t care you won´t make it and can´t use the tank inflation anymore.

Calm down anybody and wait some days to see the real effect after most nations have logged in. Check the top 20, there the obvious changes can be seen already, now Infra, Land, Tech determines your rank not your soldier/tank count.

And once again, the extra NS from nukes do not prevent you from getting into the 5% as the penalty for having nukes slow your growth so any nation without nukes can catch up.

Edited by Steelrat

I dislike the change.

Seems like every single time the NS calculation is re-done, it's harder and harder to get nukes, which means that always, only the older players have them.

This "elitism" creates bad gameplay.

Sorry you seem to have no clue, read the posts above. Your post is a typical one i don´t like you just rampage about soemthing you don´t care to understand.

Edited by Steelrat

Well, I hope to heaven the cost of a standing military went down along with the NS. I didn't mind paying for is so much since I was actually getting some benefit.

And Steelrat, this probably screwed up more trade circles than I care to guess. Caring about your nation means has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

The new calculation allows nations to grow into the top 5% instead of having to militarize into it. Also, don't forget the Manhattan Project wonder.

:blink:

The new calculation allows nations in the top 5% to not have to worry about smaller nations becoming nuclear. Unless It's easy to "overtake" them. You know, growing 1,300 infrastructure over what they already have in addition to catching up to them. The way it is now the only way for new nations to get nukes will be the Manhattan Project. Which means that's $100,000,000 their nation will never see in infrastructure.

It's basically like racing a train now for any nation not in the nuclear range. This is one of the worst updates in history.

Yes, and I understand that this may just be quibbling. However, I don't see why the throw away CM should have gone from 1.5 in the old system to 10 in the new one, while planes which are even more expensive and permanent items remain at 5. If anything the planes should have gone to 10 and the CMS gone to 5. :P

I agree with this assessment.

Also, I like the changes, though I think it should count spies, improvements, and wonders, and that soldier efficiency should be used rather than the actual number. Either that or use both, but with significantly lower modifiers.
I agree with this one too. Edited by Reyne Mordigan

Sorry you seem to have no clue, read the posts above. Your post is a typical one i don´t like you just rampage about soemthing you don´t care to understand.

Just because I don't agree with you, I don't understand?

Oh that's a real intelligent thing to say *sigh*.

I dislike the change.

Seems like every single time the NS calculation is re-done, it's harder and harder to get nukes, which means that always, only the older players have them.

This "elitism" creates bad gameplay.

Just because I don't agree with you, I don't understand?

Oh that's a real intelligent thing to say *sigh*.

"it's harder and harder to get nukes" wrong, completly wrong and i´m not going to elaborate again why. Read the other posts in this topic. It was explained several times.

Well, I hope to heaven the cost of a standing military went down along with the NS. I didn't mind paying for is so much since I was actually getting some benefit.

And Steelrat, this probably screwed up more trade circles than I care to guess. Caring about your nation means has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Looks like my wording messed up again. What i meant is, if you care for your nation, checking regular, investing time and effort you will be in the top 5% no matter how the NS formular looks like. The NS change just stopped the articifial NS inflation with Soldier/Tanks. Nothing more nothing less.

I think the best solution to this would be to split overall NS and military NS. Overall NS would be like 70% infa, 15% tech, 10 % military ns, and 5 % land. Military NS would be troops times 1, tanks times 15 (15 troops = 1 tank), CMs times 5, Aircraft times 10, nukes times 20. This would allow for a true balance in military vs actual nation. Numbers may not be perfect, but you get the idea. Also, when you attack someone, it is by military 50-200% and overall ns 75-133%. that way the economies are balanced but demilitarized nations are not totally safe.

Looks like my wording messed up again. What i meant is, if you care for your nation, checking regular, investing time and effort you will be in the top 5% no matter how the NS formular looks like. The NS change just stopped the articifial NS inflation with Soldier/Tanks. Nothing more nothing less.

It is harder by the very fundamental principles of growth. If the people higher than a new player all grow at the fastest rate possible (and only about 1200 of 30000 need to do this), then no matter how fast the new player grows, they will never be able to get into the top 5%, because no matter how fast they grow, so long as a very small portion of people grow just as fast (ie. fastest rate possible), then that person will never be able to overtake them.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

The new calculation allows nations to grow into the top 5% instead of having to militarize into it. Also, don't forget the Manhattan Project wonder.

Forgive me if someone else has pointed this out, but that's an AWFUL lot of growth. I lost 6k NS due to the change, and was still well short of the 5 percent. And I'm sorry, but if you're well down the ranks and you've got 100 mil to spend, there's a lot better things to spend your money on.