Two initial resources

Zilogix

Coal is trash; that is that. Lumber and Marble are useless for many people who have stopped buying infra.

Wheat, Fish, Cattle, Iron are the only four resources in two of the three main sets (3 BG, 5 BG, and pure income). Just because Fish/Wheat is better than Cattle doesn't make it an average resource.

Delta called it.

Some 30K plus players in the game. I'm about 275 in rank. My infra is almost the same as yours, Noob Cake. And I'm still buying a couple hundred infra a week. It's cheap enough with my modifiers.

So yeah, Lumber and Marble are useless......

....for about half of 1% of the players.

Here we are talking to someone looking to start at the absolute bottom of the heap and tell him that Infra isn't important?

Exactly how is he supposed to get to the top of the heap with that advice?

He can wonder about what to do with "useless Lumber and Marble" after it vaults him past 99% of the players. :rolleyes:

Lumber definitely not useless it is very cost saving on bills. While marble is sorta useless. I don't use it I get it only once in a while when I am ready to buy infra. I find me a person who has marble/alum and pay them to trade with me after saving 300 to 500 million and then buy up infra.

Wheat fish lumber and iron are extremely useful.

I have done tests to see which resourse get me the most and I have to rank them in this order

1 iron

2 fish

3 wheat

4 lumber

5 cattle

6 uranium

7 pigs

8 water

9 spice with fast food

10 sugar

11 gems

12 wine

Now I ranked them in making money not saving me buying power. With the first 12 mentioned I make 20.2 million a day and will soon be higher with more wonders.

The combo to get affluent population now comes very close to this with affluent population giving 5 percent citizens and fine jewelry giving more happiness.

The other way to go is savings of course that means rubber oil etc to get construction automobile asphalt steel etc and you save a ton on bills at my level but I prefer to make tons of cash for war time. Money is all that really matters if you end up in bill lock then you can't do anything. Even in anarchy I make several million dollars profit over bills and can buy a nuke and launch attacks with these 12 resources.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lumber saves me a lot more on bills than cattle can make for me so lumbers is 4th above cattle. It may be less effective for younger nations but once you break 6000 infra it is a must have. Lumber keeps growing in effectiveness. As I grow to 15000 infra I would imagine it will save me double the amount cattle makes for me. My bills are 8.58 million and most of it is infra upkeep.

My lumber saves me 1.3 million dollars in bills alone despite savings on infra purchasing. As I grow this grows faster than cattle can make for me.

Cattle makes me only 1 million dollars

Edited by Thorr

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=139043

if that is your nation, you should check your trades. I see cattle there.

And, I have heard that there are some nations around with lead and gold and they "live well". doesnt change the fact that they would live better with other resources.

Now that I've got nukes I kinda wish I had Oil + Uranium. If you have those as native resources you won't get an environment penalty from them. My environment will probably drop to below the maximum when my border walls stop being profitable, which I don't like. :angry: Also, I wouldn't have to worry about losing my uranium resource right in the middle of a nuclear war.

Then again, Oil + Uranium is a pretty bad combo to start out with. You'd have a hard time getting trades. Wheat + Fish would be the best.

Edited by Viluin

Lumber is not required in the FF only tradeset which would put it lower in rank than the other resources in the 3 BR but higher than aluminum/marble (because Lumber can still be substitued into the FF only tradeset with a very minimal difference in income after bills).

Now that I've got nukes I kinda wish I had Oil + Uranium. If you have those as native resources you won't get an environment penalty from them. My environment will probably drop to below the maximum when my border walls stop being profitable, which I don't like. :angry: Also, I wouldn't have to worry about losing my uranium resource right in the middle of a nuclear war.

Then again, Oil + Uranium is a pretty bad combo to start out with. You'd have a hard time getting trades. Wheat + Fish would be the best.

There is a wonder that eliminates the effects against enviroment. Of course you need 13000 infra I think it is.

Lumber isn't a must have as you grow but it is very good on bills and infra purchase savings. People doing tech deals should have lumber iron alum marble and 5 factories. Then after 4000 infra to maybe 6000 or 7000 infra could even be as high as 8000 infra then you don't need it but if you plan to keep growing in infra it is still helpful. The only thing that comes close to making as much money as lumber saves me in bills is fish and wheat. I am 11750 infra though.

I wonder what others make after bills. I am at 11.64 and I still lack 2 + 3 happiness and the new ones. Not including the new ones once I buy the old 2 then I profit about 12.65 million after bills.

Anyone near me want to share how much they make after bills? of course I will buy the new wonder next for 11000 infra which will put me to that same point basically.

Very very small price. Though Gems are decent, Furs are TERRIBLE.

That matters on what set you are looking for. With the changes to FJ and AP, those sets now compete with the normal 3BG and 5BG sets. If you are getting FJ and AP, furs are not terrible anymore.

I'm at 9,019.99 infra and with my last trade set(AP and FJ only), I made almost exactly $10m after bills. Now that I am changing resources to buy some infra(going to 3BG), I'll make less.

Guess I won't tell you what I would have gotten, moved on to 10,129.99 infra....I'll inform you how much I make here once I get my trades around before I try to catch your infra :awesome:

I don't think it really matters much what you start out with. It all depends on when you want to have your "golden age". If you want to have it easy in the begining go for fish and wheat for middle game lumber and marble and in late game coal and uranium.

In any case if you want a fast growt you need to start selling tech right away. Find a good alliance that suits your needs. What alliance to choose depends on your play style. As I see it you really have two options:

1) A large stable alliance that rarely goes to war so that you can grow your nation without being attacked

or

2) A medium alliance that often goes to war, the plan here is that if you do it right you can steal tech and money to make a profit.

In either case make sure to find four tech buyers right away and sell them tech, that should give you an income of about 6 mill every month. An even better way to grow fast is to buy donations for other nations if you are willing to pay $20 you can get massive aid from the nation that you give the donation too.

I don't think it really matters much what you start out with. It all depends on when you want to have your "golden age". If you want to have it easy in the begining go for fish and wheat for middle game lumber and marble and in late game coal and uranium.

In any case if you want a fast growt you need to start selling tech right away. Find a good alliance that suits your needs. What alliance to choose depends on your play style. As I see it you really have two options:

1) A large stable alliance that rarely goes to war so that you can grow your nation without being attacked

or

2) A medium alliance that often goes to war, the plan here is that if you do it right you can steal tech and money to make a profit.

In either case make sure to find four tech buyers right away and sell them tech, that should give you an income of about 6 mill every month. An even better way to grow fast is to buy donations for other nations if you are willing to pay $20 you can get massive aid from the nation that you give the donation too.

This post contains one of the worst piece of advice ever given on CN forum.

Edited by Noob Cake

Yeah it will probably be hard to get a profit, but it is possible. There is a reason why some people tech raid. It's a gamble, and like in all gambling your risk of loosing is pretty large, but if you manage to pull it off and get away with it you will get a profit.

Meh, all this talk is moot for this person. He asked to have an exception to the rule about having his forum account match an in-game nation.

He saw the rule and chose to appeal it. He was shot down for a good reason.

Given his statement.....

Any ruling that precludes such an "unmatched" account irrespective of circumstances, (and the sentenced banning of my forum account), will ensure that I do not go on to register myself in-game, and I will move on to find a more hospitable game to spend my time on.

.....it likely means he's gone.

Something also tell me he wouldn't have the right stuff for this game.

The only way you get to be special here is to prove your prowess after learning to thrive in our harsh society.

Resource-wise he should have joined the game and dealt with his resources like the rest of us do.

Make them work or start over.

I am a professional online-gaming player....

Lulz. Must have missed that employment classified ad in the paper somehow. :rolleyes:

yes. because he had no ingame nation. The rules are quite simple, and they are for everyone.

And, as side notice, after reading his answer to the Mod Team, I am glad he is banned and I hope he does not come back.