-100% Bills but still 0.38$

AlexLenin

So Im saving to go over 3K Infra so I bought 5 Labor Camps which lowered my Soldier bills to -50% and bought another 5 Guerilla Camps which also lowered my bills -50%. My soldier efficiency is really high at 15,000 (151,000) Soldiers so thats entertaining. But by logic my bills should be none with -50%(guerilla) + the -50%(baracks). So I go to view my bills and I still have 0.38 Cents on my soldier Bills.

Whats up with that ? Not that Im complaining.....

[...] But by logic my bills should be none with -50%(guerilla) + the -50%(baracks). [...]

Here's where you're wrong. You don't add the Guerrilla Camps to the Barracks, you multiply them together.

0.50 * 0.50 = 0.25

So together, the Barracks and Guerrilla Camps make the cost 25%, not 0%

percents are not additive. They are multiplied together. So with your five labor camps and barracks you will be paying (.9^5)*(.9^5)~.35. So you should be saving 65% on your soldier bills after your resource bonus' are applied. Also if you're going for a 3k jump do not have guerrilla camps and barracks. Soldier bills are minor compared to the money loss you are experiencing because of having your improvements. You should switch guerrilla camps for stadiums, and your barracks for police headquarters. Then after collecting for your jump, pay your bills, and trade your labor camps for intelligence agencies before you collect. Monarchy does nothing for the reduction of bills.

Barracks only provide 10% on your soldier upkeep bills, but still there's no real way to get -100%

Let's assume your bills are $1.00 per soldier.

-10%=$0.9

-10%=$0.81

-10%=$0.729

-10%=$0.6561

-10%=$0.59049

-10%=$0.531441

-10%=$0.4782969

-10%=$0.4304673

-10%=$0.3874206

-10%=$0.3486786

Since they would round the numbers off it would change a bit, but it would still be pretty close to those numbers.

Barracks only provide 10% on your soldier upkeep bills, but still there's no real way to get -100%

Let's assume your bills are $1.00 per soldier.

-10%=$0.9

-10%=$0.81

-10%=$0.729

-10%=$0.6561

-10%=$0.59049

-10%=$0.531441

-10%=$0.4782969

-10%=$0.4304673

-10%=$0.3874206

-10%=$0.3486786

Since they would round the numbers off it would change a bit, but it would still be pretty close to those numbers.

Improvements of the same type stack additively. (5 banks = +35% income, not +40.255%)

It's improvements of different types that can stack by multiplying.

Yes I see now. But I dont see how my Soldier bills are stacked up ?

Is this a bug in the Server ? The 10%"s from the Barracks should stack up to make 50% off and 50% the with the guerilla camps to make 100% off my bills for troops.

It takes off 10% of your bills at the time your purchase it each time, so it's not really 100% in the sense that they'd be free. If you look at the numbers I listed, you can see how it works. -10% of $0.90 is $0.81 would be the easiest example to follow. ( $0.90 divided by 10= nine cents)

Yes I see now. But I dont see how my Soldier bills are stacked up ?

Is this a bug in the Server ? The 10%"s from the Barracks should stack up to make 50% off and 50% the with the guerilla camps to make 100% off my bills for troops.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, like improvements add together their benefits to create a single moddifiers and all modifiers are then multipled by each other. So the 50% received for the barracks and the 50% received from the guerrilla camps are multipled not added. So it's not a 100% reduction in bills, it's a 75% reduction.

(Base Soldier Upkeep)*(barracks)*(guerrilla camps) = (Modified Soldier Upkeep)

1.00*.5*.5 = .25

percents are not additive. They are multiplied together. So with your five labor camps and barracks you will be paying (.9^5)*(.9^5)~.35.

This is incorrect. William Bonney is also incorrect.

If you have 5 Barracks, your soldier upkeep will be 1/2 (or -50%) of what it was before you had them. If you subsequently buy 5 Guerrilla Camps, your new upkeep will be 1/2 of whatever it was when you bought the Barracks.

So for example, say your soldier upkeep initially is 10$.

After buying 5 Barracks, it is $10 - ($10 * .5) = $5

When you buy 5 Guerrilla Camps, it then becomes:

$5 - ($5 * .5) = $2.50

After buying 5 Barracks, it is $10 - ($10 * .5) = $5

When you buy 5 Guerrilla Camps, it then becomes:

$5 - ($5 * .5) = $2.50

This would be correct... if you could buy 5 barracks in one purchase, but since you can't, it's not. Improvements can only be purchased one at a time, so like one of these people before me, it's only applied 10% per purchase.

So purchase one you get $1.00 x .90 = .90 cents, purchase 2 you get $.90 x .90 = .81 cents and so on.

Edited by Melint

This would be correct... if you could buy 5 barracks in one purchase, but since you can't, it's not. Improvements can only be purchased one at a time, so like one of these people before me, it's only applied 10% per purchase.

So purchase one you get $1.00 x .90 = .90 cents, purchase 2 you get $.90 x .90 = .81 cents and so on.

You're wrong, like improvements add together it doesn't matter when you purchase them. If you bought a barracks last week and another today, you would receive a 20% reduction to soldier bills. Different improvements would be multipled like if you had a barrack and a guerrilla camp.

From the game:

Improvements - Nation improvements are structures and improvements that you can purchase to further mold your nation into your own choosing. Nation improvements are quite expensive but the benefit is that they are not subject to outside forces. Unlike regular infrastructure in war, improvements cannot be destroyed by other nations. Improvements are stackable, so purchasing two banks will increase your population income +14%. You may only purchase one building per 1000 citizens. Nations are limited to 5 per type of improvement unless otherwise specified. You must pay taxes on your nation improvements at a starting rate of $500 per day (this figure goes up the more improvements you own.)

That would be correct... if it wasn't wrong. Improvements stack with themselves and multiple with others.

5 Barracks = -50%

5 Guerrilla Camps = -50%

Both = -75%

And before anyone argues, I just checked on my own nation.

That would be correct... if it wasn't wrong. Improvements stack with themselves and multiple with others.

5 Barracks = -50%

5 Guerrilla Camps = -50%

Both = -75%

And before anyone argues, I just checked on my own nation.

:D I deserved that, I assumed wrong, and didn't think about the like improvements stacking. So sorry for posting incorrect information, I blame it on being my first post I just had to get it wrong :(

:D I deserved that, I assumed wrong, and didn't think about the like improvements stacking. So sorry for posting incorrect information, I blame it on being my first post I just had to get it wrong :(

Look on the birght side: You can only go up from there, right? :awesome: