Correlation Between Nukes and Happiness

crimson bob

My nation has been around for almost two years now, and this is my first time posting on the boards. I purchased two nuclear missiles well over a year ago, and never used them. I was wondering if there is a correlation between nuclear weapons and population happiness. Does the ownership of nuclear weapons decrease population happiness? Thanks.

My nation has been around for almost two years now, and this is my first time posting on the boards. I purchased two nuclear missiles well over a year ago, and never used them. I was wondering if there is a correlation between nuclear weapons and population happiness. Does the ownership of nuclear weapons decrease population happiness? Thanks.

yes a lot.. lol.. not sure exact amnt.. well see lol

0.4 happiness actually. But I don't know how bad nukes are for your environment...

Ah well I was 20 cents off then if your basing 1 happiness = $2 which obviously isnt always the case.

Anyway for every -1 to the enviroment from uranium, (So trading it and having nukes giving -2) your losing $0.80 or in the case of having both effects $1.60. Which you prob make up for in your trades anyway.

Using uranium for nukes also prevents you from the 7.50 cents bonus to economy. Uranium does have a -1 happiness ontop of the negative economy effects.
Uranium – Reduces infrastructure upkeep cost -3%. Allow nations to develop nuclear weapons only if that nations government preference supports nuclear weapons. If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen and +$0.15 for every level of tech purchased up to level 30 but loses -1 population happiness. If a nation owns nuclear weapons but does not have uranium the cost to maintain nukes is doubled.

The way I read it is that the -1 happiness is only if you are using it for power. The -1 happiness doesn't exist if you are buying nukes.

The way I read it is that the -1 happiness is only if you are using it for power. The -1 happiness doesn't exist if you are buying nukes.

Yep I tested it out and going to the option to buy nukes I gained the 1 happiness back. But the 7.50 - 2.00 is 5.50 you are loosing. Which gives me a lot of money. I can buy and launch nukes as I need of course that doesn't help if multiple nations attack. But just gotta hope others can join in and buy a nuke and launch one on the others. Of course now SDI even makes it harder for a nuke to work.