Increase my nation?

Kozmo101

I just passed the 8k mark, and the jump sucks >_<

Just from guessing, I'll stop buying infra at 9k or 10k, since it gets really expensive (unless I gun for those new wonders)

trust me the new wonders are worth it.. lol my infra cost decreased soooooo much with SDC..

ps: im at 14900 and im still going.. as far as i can.. u bring in more income.. its cool... ;-D lol

If you have enough for 300-400 more infra, that should definitely be enough to be worthwhile. Like sayton's post just before mine, I don't think there is any reason to ever stop anytime soon (eventually is there a point where you don't get any population increase, right?...that's at least 12k or so though if at all...and now the wonders are motivation to go higher.).

I'm currently saving up for the 8k jump, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon!

...eventually is there a point where you don't get any population increase, right?...that's at least 12k or so though if at all...and now the wonders are motivation to go higher.).

I'm currently saving up for the 8k jump, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon!

You always get a population increase. It's just as you reach the 12k point and beyond you face a breakeven point where the taxes paid by the increase in citizens no longer exceeds the increase in upkeep on the infrastructure. Where that point is depends on your resource build and what economic wonders you have.

You always get a population increase. It's just as you reach the 12k point and beyond you face a breakeven point where the taxes paid by the increase in citizens no longer exceeds the increase in upkeep on the infrastructure. Where that point is depends on your resource build and what economic wonders you have.

Improvement swap can also bring this break even point farther back.

I just passed the 8k mark, and the jump sucks >_<

Just from guessing, I'll stop buying infra at 9k or 10k, since it gets really expensive (unless I gun for those new wonders)

I went from 7,999.99 straight to 8,799.99, so I didn't really mind.

You definitely should do large jumps after 8000. The wonders you own make a huge difference on when to stop. If you have all the money making ones then you shouldn't need to stop. The best trick is doing 20 day labor camp / wonder purchasing. What do I mean? You get enough money and set up so you have 20 days til your next wonder purchase and you pay bills only for 20 days drop the labor camp and buy a wonder that increases your money and then collect taxes. This will give you that boost of the wonder for 19 days you never even owned it. Then you collect for 2 more days and buy back labor camps. Then do a 8 day labor camp swap so you can do another 20 day labor camp swap and wonder purchase.

If you own all the economic wonders besides the newest ones the break even point is about 14300 inf. assuming your swapping, and you should be, and have a reasonably good trade setup. I haven't figured out what the break even point is once you have the wonders, but i have about 3 months to find out =). You always get pop from inf it's just the point at which the increase in pop is outweighed by the increase in bills. Basically for someone with my setup you need to figure out how many people you get from 10 inf. how much each person makes and multiply them to get the increase in collections from 10 inf. then figure out how much 10 inf will cost you per day in bills and multiply your current inf +10 by .57 (the increase in the inf. bill per day per inf. lvl) add these two numbers together and if it's higher than the extra collections you get buying inf. is bad. Like i said if you had all the economic wonders except the new ones and a reasonably good trade setup you should find the cap to be around 14300 inf.

-Veritas

trust me the new wonders are worth it.. lol my infra cost decreased soooooo much with SDC..

ps: im at 14900 and im still going.. as far as i can.. u bring in more income.. its cool... ;-D lol

you bring in more income yes, but you should see how long it takes you to make back the money you spent to get there, at your point, it's years :P

you bring in more income yes, but you should see how long it takes you to make back the money you spent to get there, at your point, it's years :P

The payback period is somewhat immaterial. Nations in this weight class are already utilizing their aid slots to the max. So any money earned beyond the two days it takes to send out full aid slots can either accumulate or be spent on the nation itself. Most already have obscenely high war chests and there are only so many one can spend it. So they buy more infrastructure when they have nothing else to spend it on.

I have 6 Aid slots. It takes me two days to get enough money to fill all of them with outgoing aid and about 3 to save for a Wonder, which is only 1 day for every ten.

What that means is, it only takes 40% of my daily income after bills to purchase my monthly Wonder and maintain full outgoing aid slots. That leaves me with 60% of my money to either save or spend. So I can either sit here and increase my war chest or by more infra. I'm impatient and like my pixels so infra it is.