Is Improvement Swapping Overrated?

5 labour camps half your bills. that for me is 1.5 mill a day. Labor camps cost 150 thousand. Which means I ave 750K on bills if I was to just buy for one day then raise them. If I do a two day swap I get 2 million in extra profit.

Once over 4k it really becomes worth it.

If you have the 3BR tradeset then improvement swapping is useful at 1600-1800 infra, even if you only gain 100-200k more than normal (though that needs about 15 days of not collecting).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually I pay bills every day while swapping, and I think most other people do too, so I don't think it's an issue.

Given the 50% bill reduction, improvement swapping is definitely worth it.

It's not mainly the 50% bill reduction, because normally "not swapping" is simply keeping the labor camps, which already give the 50% bill reduction. (i'd rather have the 50% bill reduction than whichever other buildings i might have, which at my infra would be barracks, which don't help my nation financially.)

The main gain from improvement swapping is the 5 happiness that you gain from demolishing labor camps every few days. For me, 5 happiness is about $350k per day, but improvement swapping costs $750k, so it's not worth it unless i do it every 3 days or more. I'd rather increase infra every single day because that probably increases my income more than improvement swapping over 4-5 days would save (3 days is too little saved).

I usually only do improvement swapping if i'm saving up for an infra jump or a wonder.

Edited by XRCatD

A question, mainly aimed at Syzygy: Is the $$ you save by tank swapping a bigger number then the extra 10% you are paying because you are not paying bills every day?

I'm just under 2k Infra now. I tried to run the numbers myself, and came up with a LC saving me a bit under $38k, while a school would get me $42k if I build that next. Since I would also have to factor in buying the LC back, the schools are better for me now, yes? Considering my trade set does not generate a lot of $$(my gross is $161 in Defcon 1), when would LC swapping be a good idea for me?

I've been swapping since I had 1500 infrastructure. I put up the camps and did a donation deal, back collecting for 15 days on the 1000+ infrastructure I bought. Swap+aid is very profitable for small nations and can quickly get them into the cycle without having to save up money before hand

A question, mainly aimed at Syzygy: Is the $$ you save by tank swapping a bigger number then the extra 10% you are paying because you are not paying bills every day?

I'm just under 2k Infra now. I tried to run the numbers myself, and came up with a LC saving me a bit under $38k, while a school would get me $42k if I build that next. Since I would also have to factor in buying the LC back, the schools are better for me now, yes? Considering my trade set does not generate a lot of $$(my gross is $161 in Defcon 1), when would LC swapping be a good idea for me?

The max interest on bills is like 5k something a nation like mine or syzygys wouldn't even notice.

The max interest on bills is like 5k something a nation like mine or syzygys wouldn't even notice.

See I knew there was a $10000 max per day for interest, but I've never heard that there is a cap on bills too. that definitely sounds better then.