Ground Battle System

Guido

So I'm fighting a GPAer, nice guy, we've been chatting. Both of us are having a good laugh at how ridiculous the battle system is. Here are our stats for reference..

Attacking Ruler: Guido Defending Ruler: conan the barbeque

Attacking Technology: 2,541.55 Defending Technology: 1,516.24

Attacking Infrastructure: 9,389.99 Defending Infrastructure: 8,154.99

So as you can see I have over 1k more tech than him and more than 1k more infra than he does. So really I should have an advantage, but I understand that when attacking I have to deal with the infra bonus he has defending. OK no problem.

My problem is a very weird thing that has been consistently happening...

Before I attack, I deploy about 85k troops and about 9k tanks, He usually has about 70k troops and 7k tanks. I think 4 out of the last 5 days, my first attack has been a defeat and I lose ALL my tanks. 9k tanks lost every time. How is this possible? Bad luck? I thought so, but then I got talking to a few other guys in NPO and they said that both them and their attackers have had this happen as well. The funny thing is that after I lose all those troops and my chances of success drop to about 25%, I usually win the battle...with no tanks at all against his 5k tanks and 50k troops.

This seems really odd to me. Isn't there a defeat that doesn't destroy all of your tanks? I rarely get one.

POINT 2:

The last 2 times the GPAer I'm fighting against has had a ground victory attacking me, he has only destroyed/looted half of everything. 37.5 miles of land, 2.5 tech, and 10 infra. And I've actually looted 1 million of his money. 2 times in a row...How rare is that? I hadn't seen this until like 2 days ago.

i hav gotten defeats with NO TANKS lost at all on my side.. so its def just your weird luck :-D

as for point two.. ive never seen exactly HALF of tht stuff destroyed etc etc.. but i have seen my nation win and drestroy land tech infra.. but i lost 1million too.. so yea.. thats happened to me too :-D

its just weird hing about the game i never ask about and just tak it :-D

POINT 2:

The last 2 times the GPAer I'm fighting against has had a ground victory attacking me, he has only destroyed/looted half of everything. 37.5 miles of land, 2.5 tech, and 10 infra. And I've actually looted 1 million of his money. 2 times in a row...How rare is that? I hadn't seen this until like 2 days ago.

I've seen this a few times too. Not common, but not rare.

let me guess 1st attack = aggressive ground

agreed... if you first attk aggressive.. you will most likely lose ALLL or NONE.. lol :-D Thats a question i have..does any one use aggressive and not lose either all or none of their tanks?