The third 5x5 tech deal...

LeVentNoir

Interesting idea posted on the NEAT boards that may help this deal go significantly smoother. According to the group involved in another long term tech deal, one can send out multiple foreign aid offers on the SAME batch of tech. I.e. the seller buys 50 tech (from 0) then offers 50-tech aid to two or more countries. I'm not sure what happens to the aid offer for the second (or third) country once the first accepts, but if this works, it should make this a little easier...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking about a 3x3, right Hausmaster? If you have partners you can trust, that will work fine, and it is an instant 100 tech for the buyers. Well, within a day, hopefully. I am planning on doing one of those myself as I don't tie up all my aid slots but I still want to do a bit more tech selling. I am sure we have enough sellers for that and our part in the next 5x5. If you give each buyer a seperate day the 5x5 can work like a charm for both the buyers AND the sellers.

Reminder for JEDCJT's tech will go out tomorrow. At least I think his slots clear after update on Thursday. :blink: I asked and got permission to push him back 24 hours for my 50, so other buyer's don't have to be worried when I don't show up on the aid screens. I will still clear him before I have to send to the rest of you. :)

Mirreille, yes the deal I was referring to was a 3x3, but I wonder if the same principle wouldn't apply here? The idea being each seller gets 50 tech and then simultaneously offers the SAME 50 tech to multiple buyers. This would help us in so much as we wouldn't have to guess when the buyers are on line; we'd just log in every couple hours and repeat (with 1 less buyer).

Mirreille, yes the deal I was referring to was a 3x3, but I wonder if the same principle wouldn't apply here? The idea being each seller gets 50 tech and then simultaneously offers the SAME 50 tech to multiple buyers. This would help us in so much as we wouldn't have to guess when the buyers are on line; we'd just log in every couple hours and repeat (with 1 less buyer).

I know for the player's guide there is a warning about spending money that you've sent out as foreign aid because it is possible to go into debt. if it's soldiers, I'm assuming you go into anarchy. When it's tech. I don't know. Can you have negative levels of tech? I don't know, and frankly I don't want to find out. I'll just be on for the usual hour and a half after server turnover sending and buying the lots of 50.

I see Osasuna has sent his offer; I sent PI a second reminder today as well. As soon as I get my bills paid I will send you my tech after update tonight, okay JEDCJT?

Still pending as of this writing. Sorry I dropped the ball last night. It wouldn't have killed me to ride both Osasuna and Psychoidiot about getting their tech out (it wouldn't have killed me, but I still felt like dying--I had a migraine--I then screwed up my tech buying, took an ibuprofen, and went to bed).

Thankfully, with the next part of the second half falling on the weekend, I can pretty much stay up for it. Well, up to 4:00am CN time anyway, 5:00am would be pushing it, but it's doable.

See you all soon.

Tech sent and accepted by JEDCJT. Psychoidiot is experiencing trade issues, so he did not send JEDCJT his tech yet. He did reply to my PMs, I asked him to send a message to JEDCJT if he was going to be delayed; hopefully he did so. I know he can't send aid until he pays his bills, I am not sure if you are able to if you have not collected as well? I see Hausmaster has also got JEDCJT with a pending, though I am not sure how they are working it.

Reminders for the second set of tech sent to all sellers and the remaining buyers.

OnTop has cleared, W. McAdams is up next. Hopefully we can get everyone else today.

Belgias, when did you say you were setting up your next 5x5? There have been a few people asking questions about it in the Brigade. I'm sure you guys will have enough sellers, from what I can tell you will have a surplus. If for some reason you can't get enough I will take one slot then, but only in that case. I am planning to do a 3x3 with a couple AOD Brigade members after this; whoever does not get into the next 5x5.

I've gone ahead and offered the same aid to the other two remaining buyers Bishbash and Belgias. Once one of the three accept, the aid offer for the other two will cancel as I'll have less than 50 tech. Hopefully someone is on...

Makoto mentioned it before, but no one gave her an answer; If you make multiple offers, but don't have more then 50 tech, what happens to the other offers?? I see Hausmaster saying the other two will cancel, is that in fact what happens? I would have done as he had done, if that is the case, but Makoto was told by another nation that it would put you into negative tech, and a moderator would have to fix things for you. What happens when you have multiple aid offers but not enough tech to fulfill them?

I'm sorry Bishbash, I don't want to delay anyone getting their tech, but per the above question I didn't want to get messed up. I NEED to get these all clear today if possible, otherwise it messes with my LC swapping a bit since I won't be able to buy stuff if I don't pay bills,or make aid offers. If you want to set up a time when you will be on I will cancel W. McAdams temporarily and set you up at that time. The same applies to you Belgias. No one sent any messages so we had to guess who would show up and accept first. I do apologize for the delays though. :(

I'm sure you will have enough sellers Belgias, it looks like you will have a surplus so far as I can tell.

Edited by Mirreille

I should be checking every hour so, Mirrielle - whenever you're ready really :)

EDIT: And Hausmaster is correct, I believe - if you make 3 offers and 1 accepts the tech, when the other two try to accept they will not be allowed.

Edited by Belgias

In that case, I wil set up the three offers and check every hour or so too. Thanks for that information!

Edit: I just had a thought. I will inform the other AOD members to do this as well, but if the buyers will take a moment to check and see if the nation making the offer has the tech available, there won't be any need to have one canceled, and the sellers can PM their remaining buyers after they buy more tech.

Convoluted perhaps, but hopefully it gets the job done. :P

Edited by Mirreille

M. The simulataneous works fine (no account problems yet). In my round 3 or 4 I was even able to log in after one nation had accepted and before the second nation had checked his inbox. I just reloaded the tech and I did not need to resend the offer. In my round 2 BOTH buyers checked and one got the tech, I not sure (Belgias, I think that was you) must have gotten an error message of some kind.

Out of curiousity, what exactly happened when you tried to get the tech?

No nothing actually happened; it was just hearsay. Makoto was told by someone that bad things would happen if you made multiple offers and didn't have the tech to send. I think Bishbash said he tried to collect from me today, and was not able to. It didn't cancel the offer if he did, so I just bought more tech and sent him another PM.