The third 5x5 tech deal...

LeVentNoir

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I'm asking to be raided by posting too much info here, but I actually spent most of the cash on infra-building. You other sellers should consider this as an option (or at least put part of it toward infra).

Thanks to some trade arrangements and two universitys, my tech costs are at about 600k when starting from 0. Due to the growth spurt enabled by the buyers, if I save I'll have more than enough cash to buy the tech at the end of the first 10 day period. Since that point I started saving and should have little trouble getting the 250 tech for each 10 day period.

Waiting until the end may seem safer, but thats 20 days of lost taxation. Gotta soak the peeps!!

I did something along those lines, but due more to having lost a trade partner, which forced my hand. I've done that delay thing, with a donation at the end for another boost, and it works well. I don't have the $$ to do as Hausmaster said, though maybe I should have considered that, though even if I had I would have had to lose different improvements to open up slots for the universties. I'm sure the universites will help a lot though.

Now you've got me all curious as tho what the numbers would have looked like if I had gone and gotten 3 schools & two universities. :P

Mirreille, I'm sure you've seen this before, but CN calc is an excellent resource for doing exactly this kind of modelling. If you don't have the link here it is again:

http://c2t.org/cncalc.php

PM me after the first round is done and I'll give you the figures for 50 tech starting from 0 as I've also got the microchip bonus resource in addition to the 2 unis.

I know, I'm kinda old to be selling tech, but I keep thinking "one more deal". At this rate, I'll end up being the first nation to cross 10k infrastructure with 0 tech!

By the way, buyers, when did you guys start trying to amass tech (at what point in your nation's growth). To be honest there are times when my country's existence seems to revolve around moving tech, I forget that there are other aspects to the game...

Just as a precursor LeVentNoir, would you like me to set up and schedule the next tech deal provisionally (i.e. get names for who can do it and dates for when we're all free)?

From what I've gleaned so far, it seems there is a lot of interest to do another, and I know there are probably a couple of people who'd like a chance of being buyers next round as well as you and myself :)

I might be interested as a seller...but i see a small problem with this. If I do 250 tech all at once it would be too expensive to be worth the total. But if every buyer agrees to log on that day then I would buy 50 send 50 buy 50 send 50, 5 times the only delay is that the buyers need to approve the aid before the next 50 is bought and sold. I am interested in being a seller.

Well, I'll begin to set up the next one sometime this week, with a beginning date of over 3 weeks away (since then all of us involved in the current deal will be available if they want to do it again). So watch out for another thread then. (by "then", I mean this week coming)

Anyways, let's just hope this deal goes smoothly first :)!

Edited by Belgias

I've accepted all of the aid except for JEDCJT. I've PM'd him in game and we'll work out an arrangement, probably he send me the 3mil AFTER I've sent the 100 tech so that we're in line with everyone else.

Talk to you all in 10 days!

I'm back! Anyways, I haven't received your PM yet. :unsure: But sure, I'll send you 3mil, starting right now, perhaps?

Thanks JEDCJT! I actually "borrowed the funds" through another alliance member so that we could keep the deal moving smoothly. I'll send you 50 tech along with everyone else. If any one owes you a favor, have them send 3 mil to "General Ulji" also in NEAT in lue of me. Otherwise, send it after you receive the 100 tech.

Thanks JEDCJT! I actually "borrowed the funds" through another alliance member so that we could keep the deal moving smoothly. I'll send you 50 tech along with everyone else. If any one owes you a favor, have them send 3 mil to "General Ulji" also in NEAT in lue of me. Otherwise, send it after you receive the 100 tech.

Ah, you're welcome. I'll send the 3mil after I receive the 100 Tech, then. ^_^

All that good advice in the last page and I was at home sick and unable to log onto the forums. :( Ah well.

Just got a PM from Mirreille. I've sent out my 50 tech to JEDCJT. One down, four to go. :)

Oh, boy--when the remaining slots clear is tonight ever going to be hairy....

Oh, oh, and put me down for the next tech deal.

A suggestion for the next 5x5 deal: It would be VERY helpful to the sellers at least, to stagger the buyers one to a day over 5 days. I'm already dreading the amount of times I am going to have to check in on thursday. :P If anyone wants to be on after update on Wednesday, let me know somehow, and I will stay up until I take care of those people.

Not to double post, but I'll be 14.4k modem bound until next week. I should have no trouble getting the tech off, but put me down as a seller whoever sets up the next deal. FOr some reason CN is slow, but the forums is painfully slow (over the modem that is...)

Okay guys, looking forward to the first installment tomorrow!

I see there is some interest in another deal; I know a lot of you have posted already stating you'd like to be put down for the next one, and this is what I have so far - if you're not on the list, just post a message here and I'll edit this post. Once I've got the list of you guys who want to be in the next one, I'll make a new thread; if we need more people then that will be the first time for people outside of this thread to join. Basically, you guys obviously get first choice :)

Anyway, the rough list:

BUYER :

Algias

LeVentNoir

The Invincible King

JEDCJT

SELLER :

Hausmaster

Makoto Kousaka

Zzodd (Provisional)

Okay, that's who seems interested as of now. If you'd like to be a seller or buyer, are on the list by mistake, or are listed as provisional and would like to either confirm or turn the option down, please post within the next few days saying so.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Edited by Belgias