The deal with Labor Camps...

Embereus

I'm not really sure if this question's been answered before, but here it goes:

I'm a regular improvement swapper... started at around 3k infra... I'm at 6k infra now. This is the first time I actually noticed this:

(Nation link for reference)

Without 5 Labor Camps, my economy is at $414.15 and 75.38 happiness.

With the 5 Labor Camps, my economy drops to $393.39 and 70.38 happiness.

Now I know from good friends who are "veterans" that the standard was accepted to be that 1 happiness point = $2 to your Gross Income.

The math from the above numbers show that 4.152 =/= 2 and therefore the standard is rejected in this situation...

What's with the math here? Are there hidden effects or something of LC's that we don't know about? I mean it doesn't have a big effect on me, seeing how I pay only bills with the LC's and don't collect taxes at that rate, but if some ratio or whatnot is changed I'd like to know about it :).

It bugged me so much for an explanation that I had to ask a very knowledgeable mentor for an explanation but he was stumped. (Yes it's +Zeke+ :P) So I've come to you, active rulers of Bob, for an explanation to this conundrum.

Anyone got this one?

:popcorn:

Well, the standard $2 is equal to a happiness point is unmodified. As you begin buying the economic improvements which improve income this modifies that $2, this slowly begins to rise to the point where you are now; where having all the economic improvements, a happiness point is equal to $4.152.

($2 base income per happiness point)*1.35 (5 banks )*1.25 (5 schools)*1.16 (2 universities)*1.05 (1 foreign ministry)*1.01 (1 harbor) = $4.152

Well, the standard $2 is equal to a happiness point is unmodified. As you begin buying the economic improvements which improve income this modifies that $2, this slowly begins to rise to the point where you are now; where having all the economic improvements, a happiness point is equal to $4.152.

($2 base income per happiness point)*1.35 (5 banks )*1.25 (5 schools)*1.16 (2 universities)*1.05 (1 foreign ministry)*1.01 (1 harbor) = $4.152

This is correct.

Modifications to income happen after base happiness or income increases. So the -5 would take place if you did not have ANY resources, improvements, or anything else modifying your economy. Since you probably have banks, schools, universities and other improvements that increase your income, this has a greater effect for you. The same would happen if you purchased an Internet or Great Temple.