Donation question

Weiss von Toten

I made a donation tonight before the update.

However, it takes 5-7 days for said donation to go through the system.

Will this donation count as a February donation since it was made tonight before update?

Or does it count as a March donation because it will be completed in March?

Thank you in advance.

5-7 days? I've never had it take longer than 3-5 hours.

All my donations have said they will take 5-7 days.

If I may quote the message.

A donation in the amount of $5.00 was recently sent to be applied towards your nation. The transaction is currently in pending status and as soon as the transaction clears in PayPal (5-7 business days) the bonus will be applied to your nation.

That is not the donation in question, but you get the idea.

Edited by Weiss von Toten

The length of time it takes depends on what the underlying account to based on. When it is base solely on a bank account, using PayPal under that circumstance is not much different than writing a check. PayPal must wait for that "check" to clear at your bank. And that can take anywhere from the 5-7 days quoted. If the PayPal account is also backed by a credit card, PayPal will process the transaction without waiting for it to clear the bank as they can charge against the credit card if the account should turn out to have insufficient funds. In this case the time to receive the bonus can be from anywhere from mere minutes to several hours depending on how busy PayPal is.

To answer your question, I believe it will be credited as a February donation as that is when the "order" was placed.

The length of time it takes depends on what the underlying account to based on. When it is base solely on a bank account, using PayPal under that circumstance is not much different than writing a check. PayPal must wait for that "check" to clear at your bank. And that can take anywhere from the 5-7 days quoted. If the PayPal account is also backed by a credit card, PayPal will process the transaction without waiting for it to clear the bank as they can charge against the credit card if the account should turn out to have insufficient funds. In this case the time to receive the bonus can be from anywhere from mere minutes to several hours depending on how busy PayPal is.

To answer your question, I believe it will be credited as a February donation as that is when the "order" was placed.

I have no problem with it taking a few days. Thank you for the explanation though.

I do hope it counts as a February donation. I assumed as much but figured I would get an official ruling.

Hopefully said official will arrive and remove all doubt.

Admin can organize so a certain donations goes on a certain month for you. for example, last year i got overeager and made my donation on august the 29th instead of waiting until september. i just emailed him and he sorted it out. of course this isnt an excuse to email Kevin as he is a very busy man, but try to do it a bit earlier.

Admin can organize so a certain donations goes on a certain month for you. for example, last year i got overeager and made my donation on august the 29th instead of waiting until september. i just emailed him and he sorted it out. of course this isnt an excuse to email Kevin as he is a very busy man, but try to do it a bit earlier.

I was doing a fellow alliance member a favor.

The person who he was going to buy the donation off of backed out on the very last day of February. I stepped up and said I would cover it.

I did not intend to cut it so close to the next month.

Your situation still does not answer my initial question.

Line 13 of the site terms and conditions should answer your question: http://www.cybernations.net/terms.asp

"If you send a bank payment that goes into pending status you will have to wait until the payment clears to get the donation bonus."

The bonus will count for a March donation. To avoid this issue in the future I suggest you have the funds ready in your PayPal account or use a credit card as a backup funding source. As Count Rupert detailed, bank transactions are what puts the transaction into pending status.