Environment

Sol Sector

Hi hi!

Well, my environment status is 2/5 stars and I'm being told I need a moderate clean-up.

My current trade resources are:

Cattle

Fish

Furs

Gems

Spices

Sugar

Water

Wine

And my own natural resources are:

Lead

Silver

My tech is 24.50

My infrastructure is 256.22

My area of influence is 273.020

My infrastructure to land ratio is therefore 256.22:273.020, or 1:1.065

My military is 1,842

My population is 2,362

My military to population ration is therefore 1,842:2,362, or 1:1.282

I have access to water (through trade)

My Government type is 'Transitional' although the people are happy with this.

Response to drug question: Our military has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Drugs are illegal in this nation.

Response to immigration question: We have an open border policy, but in order for the immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first.

Any idea why my environment is so bad, and what I can do to clean it up?

Thank you!!

I've just changed my Government type from 'Transitional' to 'Republic'.

However, my people now 'approve of this form of government but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They do not desire a permanent government but instead prefer something more temporary'.

That's fine, no worries too much. But my Environment has only gone up to 3/5 stars to being decently clean.

Any ideas how to get it higher?

Buy more tech or buy border walls, though at your stage of development I wouldn't buy any border walls just yet. If you're at 3/5, you're not too bad considering the effect that the Global Radiation Level is placing on your nation. You basically can improve 4 more points which is worth only 1.6 happiness, so I wouldn't go crazy buying tech and getting the environment down at the expense of buying infrastructure.

I'm at 30k nation strength and I only have 3 out of 5 stars. I have Uranium/nukes though.

Try dismissing a couple hundred soldiers, it might help. I believe your environment goes down when you approach the soldier limit and your citizens definitely become unhappy when you're very close to or at the limit.

Monarchy is better than Republic, by the way. Unless your citizens want a Republic.

Edited by Viluin

I'm at 30k nation strength and I only have 3 out of 5 stars. I have Uranium/nukes though.

Try dismissing a couple hundred soldiers, it might help. I believe your environment goes down when you approach the soldier limit and your citizens definitely become unhappy when you're very close to or at the limit.

Monarchy is better than Republic, by the way. Unless your citizens want a Republic.

Below 60% effective soldiers = +1 environment.