Land vs. Infra

Viluin

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Population_density

If your infrastructure is greater than twice your land area, your environment will be negatively affected.

I never knew about this. Do you guys think the environment boost would be worth purchasing (Not stealing) extra land for? I have my doubts, but I thought I'd ask. Obviously it would be nice if you had that much land, but most (peaceful) nations don't.

Also:

Having high levels of land may also increase your infrastructure costs.

Has this been confirmed?

Edited by Viluin

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Population_density

I never knew about this. Do you guys think the environment boost would be worth purchasing (Not stealing) extra land for? I have my doubts, but I thought I'd ask. Obviously it would be nice if you had that much land, but most (peaceful) nations don't.

Also:

Has this been confirmed?

#1 : no, not worth it. even if you get 1 environment "bonus", this equals 0.4 happiness and ~30 citizens. Nothing a big nation would even notice. Spending maybe several dozens of millions for land to get it? Would never pay off. You might consider it when sitting around with 500 million cash and already at your break-even point for infrastructure, so buying more infra would already lower your daily income and you just dont know what to do with all your cash. Else: no.

#2 : not true imho. all our research has never shown such an increase of infracosts.

That's why I love the donations that give 200 land. I lost some infra during the GPA war, stole some land, and since I'm a fairly large nation, I noticed a nice increase in income.

However, land is definitely not worth buying.

But we're fast approaching a time when land will be worth buying. The closer and closer one gets to the breakeven point with infrastructure the more attractive land becomes. For my nation, the purchase price for 20 miles is fairly close to that of 10 infrastructure and both will yield the same 30 points of NS. Land has an advantage in it has no maintenance, thus buying it doesn't incur additional upkeep like infrastructure does. And once at the breakeven point, infrastructure will no longer have the advantage of purchases adding income over land. If all your aid slots are already occupied buying tech or giving out aid and you're at the breakeven point with infrastructure; you'll have large amounts of money to spend. If your goal is to add NS, then land will be the far better buy over purchasing tech yourself. I can buy 40 miles of land for every 10 tech I could purchase so spending the money on land becomes viable at this point. And it has the bonus of adding to your spy defenses which if you're sitting on a nuke stockpile can be an important consideration.

#1 : no, not worth it. even if you get 1 environment "bonus", this equals 0.4 happiness and ~30 citizens. Nothing a big nation would even notice. Spending maybe several dozens of millions for land to get it? Would never pay off. You might consider it when sitting around with 500 million cash and already at your break-even point for infrastructure, so buying more infra would already lower your daily income and you just dont know what to do with all your cash. Else: no.

#2 : not true imho. all our research has never shown such an increase of infracosts.

Thanks, that's what I thought.