what should i get as my first national wonder?

thesoulman

If you already have the money and can but it today, the SSS will give the biggest boost to income. Otherwise the Stock Market is far and away the best first wonder. It's basically a +5 happiness wonder at $5 million less than any of the other +5 happiness wonders. It gives the largest bang for the buck and allows you to start your wonder cycle earlier and since you can only buy a wonder every 30 days, starting it as early as possible is the way to go.

I would have to disagree with the 2 above me.

SSS is definitely the best one.

The only reason anyone purchases the SM first is because they are small and it takes them awhile to save the extra 10 million. They choose the SM because it starts your wonder clock earlier.

In your case being as large as you are, and waiting as long as you already have to purchase a wonder, the couple extra days for the better wonder would be better.

Edited by Gen. Lee

You really can't go wrong with either a Stock Market or Social Security System as your first choice. With this choice it always come down to how much money your willing to save up. Just off the top of my head: 40 million vs. 30 million? With my nation I bought the Social Security System first. Stock Market second. Then depending where you're at usually people buy the Interstate System once you're at 4999.99 infrastructure to help with the jump. Since I got attacked and that took down my infra level quite a bit, I'm going to wait to buy that. And instead buy the Disaster Relief Agency. So hope that helps you for the next couple of months.

Baseline.Values.before.Wonder.Purchase....Income..Tax.%.Tax.Coll..Daily.Taxes.Paid

Avg..Gross.Income.Per.Individual.Per.Day:..330.67..28....92.58.....6,683,627.94.

Population; 72,193

Increased.pop.income.total.for.improvements.107.593%

Wonder.............................Income......Tax.%....Tax.$...Daily.Taxes.Paid

Great.University.(with.3000.tech).$353.92.......28......$99.10...7,154,161.45.

Social.Security.System............$330.67.......30......$99.20...7,161,617.79.

Great.University.(with.2700.tech).$351.43.......28......$98.40...7,103,805.93.

Great.Temple......................$351.43.......28......$98.40...7,103,805.93.

Stock.Market......................$351.43.......28......$98.40...7,103,805.93.

Internet..........................$351.43.......28......$98.40...7,103,805.93.

National.War.Memorial.............$347.28.......28......$97.24...7,019,880.06.

SSS seems to be the BEst one as it gives a much bigger boost than the SM Does

2% more tax or +10$/citizen, if your small the 10$ is worth it

+$10 a citizen gives you an extra $2.8 each in tax.

+2% tax is worth more as soon as your citizens get more than $200.

Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $330.67

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day $92.58

72,193 Working Citizens

Right out of my handy-dandy CN Word page:

SSS and +5 happiness/+$10 wonders (with perfect multipliers): Under $290.50, +5 happiness/+$10 wonders are better. Above $290.50, the SSS is better.

SSS (however, the formula doesn't take into account the price difference, but I would still go with SSS).

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

+$10 a citizen gives you an extra $2.8 each in tax.

+2% tax is worth more as soon as your citizens get more than $200.

I was under the impression that +$10 a citizen actually gives you an extra $5.07 in tax with +82% income improvements as the +$10 becomes +$18.20

Is that right or wrong?

If you don't have the money to buy the SSS right away, get the SM first. Even if you save only 2 days of saving, it is worth it. Maybe the 2 days isn't important for the first month, but a wonder every 2 days earlier of each month for the next year will be well worth it. Therefore SM is the best 99% of the time, the 1% being the times when people have the money before they choose to buy a wonder(which I don't know why it would happen unless you got 15m on a single day to boost you up there).

I was under the impression that +$10 a citizen actually gives you an extra $5.07 in tax with +82% income improvements as the +$10 becomes +$18.20

Is that right or wrong?

Full multipliers =~= 2.076.

+$10 * 1.35 * 1.05 * 1.01 * 1.25 * 1.16 = $20.76

$20.76 * .28 = $5.81.

To conclude this thread: If you're saving up to buy your first wonder, SM (so you can start your wonder-buying earlier.) If you're below $290.50 in average gross income per person per day, SM gives you more profit; above, SSS gives you more profit, but this doesn't take into account the differences in prices of the wonders.