Am I breaking the rules?

Ned the Great

My sister created a nation on her computer, but she wants me to take care of it while she's busy. So, I logged on to her nation on my computer, and bought some things and collected taxes and payed bills. Now, is this breaking the rules? If so, I will immediatly stop taking care of her nation on my computer.

Note: Me and my sister have two different computers, so I don't think that its against the rules for me to log on on her computer.

Oh! I'm sorry. I'll get her to ask for a nation sitter. Or should I just delete her nation?

If you logged on from HER computer and your IPs are different, I don't believe there's any way to prove that any rule was in fact broken (or at the very least, it's no different than if she had done it herself except that you just told us you did it). However, if you did it from your own computer, you guys are supposed to drop off a nation sitting application first. As long as you two are not trading/aiding now, there's a chance you might be able to get a bit of leniency in this issue, but as I am not a mod, it's not my call to make.

In any case, don't delete it. The mods will decide if that's a necessary bridge to cross.

Edited by Magicman657

If you logged on from HER computer and your IPs are different, I don't believe there's any way to prove that any rule was in fact broken (or at the very least, it's no different than if she had done it herself except that you just told us you did it). However, if you did it from your own computer, you guys are supposed to drop off a nation sitting application first. As long as you two are not trading/aiding now, there's a chance you might be able to get a bit of leniency in this issue, but as I am not a mod, it's not my call to make.

In any case, don't delete it. The mods will decide if that's a necessary bridge to cross.

I logged on to her nation on my computer, but we never trade or give aid, or anything like that. I just collect taxes, pay bills, buy infrastructure, and once I helped her nation defend itself from attackers, but never any trading or aid. Also, I'm not sure if she has an account on the forums. That's probobally why she didn't apply for a nation sitter.

You need to request and get permission to nationsit her nation before logging into it regardless of whether or not you're logging in from the same ISP. We use multiple methods to detect the same user logging into more than one nation so it's always best to report it to the mods and make sure you're clear to do it before doing so.