Clinics and hospitals?

Mariobro

Ive been playing the game for a while now and i was always wondering, with Clinics and hospitals you get en extra Boost of population %. say i would buy a clinic or whatever and it gave me 3% extra population count. i had 3,000 population at that time so i would get 90 extra citizens right? does that 3 % always add on to the amount of citizens i get from then, if i got 300 more citizens from buying infrastructure, would i also get another 9 from the 3% bonus?

basically, does the 3% only count when you buy your Clinic/Hospital?

The way clinics and the hospital work is they become a modifier to your base population count. Your current population is simply the base population multipled by any modifers you may have from resources, improvements, wonders or events. So if you buy a clinic it would be (base population)*1.02 = Current Population, since clinics give a 2% boost the population. Thus that 2% does get applied to what additional population is added to the base, like for example when you purchase additional infrastructure. Like improvements stack (get added together to form a single modifier), so if you had all five clinics, it would be (base population)*1.1 = Current Population. The hospital works the same way and is a separate modifier, so if you had say two clinics and the hospital it would look like this, (base population)*1.04*1.06 = Current Population. If you have population modifying resources they too would be part of the formula. So let's say you have Fish, Wheat and Cattle along with five clinics and the hospital it would look like this:

(Base Population)*1.10*1.06*1.08*1.08*1.05 = Current Population.

So they are part of any calculation made determining your population and continue to give you their benefit anytime you add infrastructure and increase your population.