Your Manhattan Project.

General Zico

Manhattan Project Report

The Manhattan Project is a wonder that allows you to buy one nuclear weapon per day even if your NS is outside the top 5% thats normally required to buy them. The M.P costs $100m and requires you to have a minimum of 3,000 infrastructure, 300 technology with a uranium resource to acquire the wonder. The M.P will need a minimum of 1000 infra and 75 tech to remain operational. The wonder is very expensive and is generally a weapon of last resort with only nations fighting to the very end getting value for money. It can, along with the SDI be a very effective deterrent if a large number or your alliance have both wonders.

Maximize your Manhattan Project

To get full use of your M.P you need to start from a high level of infra and tech with a large war chest to feed your war machine. When choosing your targets take 3 nations with the highest infra levels (with no SDI) from within your NS range, bulking up your military will extend this range.

Day 1:

1. Buy satellites, missile defence. Guerrilla camps and barracks are optional.

2. Bulk up troop and tank levels.

3. Pick 3 targets and declare war.

4. Hit the smallest target with air, CM and ground attacks

5. Hit the other 2 targets with CM and air attacks

6. Bulk up your troop and tank level, replace lost fighters.

Day 2:

1. Launch CM and ground attacks against your smallest target.

2. Launch a nuke against your smallest target followed by air and spy attacks.

3. Launch CM and nuke attacks against your remaining targets.

4. Launch air attacks against your remaining targets.

Day 3 onwards:

1. Repeat attacks with only CM and nuke followed by air attacks.

When they retaliate with a nuke your army will be destroyed, don't replace it. One defeat alert is better than up to 12 lost ground attacks per day. Don't buy anymore bombers use only fighters and try to protect your infra and tech levels. You have to wait 24 hours to launch a nuke so attack at a comfortable time the reset attack isn't needed. The spy rule seems to have changed from no spy ability while in nuclear anarchy to being able to spy however I would avoid using spies and wasting money, if you are fighting 3 nations with 20 nukes each your war will run out long before these nations run out of nukes. The key to getting good use from this wonder is making peace mode, which should be your number 1 priority. To make peace mode the day before your war ends open the clock on your pc before you fire a CM. When you fire the CM note the time and open the CM message, when you do this you can work out the exact second of the reset compared to your pc clock. Only pay your bills every third day after you have been nuked, this will keep your bills to a minimum.

The downside of the Manhattan Project is the damage it can do can be minimized within 5 days and it can be beaten in 10 days if you fight against it correctly. I know how and I'm not telling :P

Feel free to question this post or ask any questions you may have.

Regards

General Zico

General of the armies of BAPS

October 2007 - December 2007

Edited by General Zico

When combined with a hidden nuclear silo, the MP becomes a deadly weapon in the right hands (especially those with big war chests).

If you DO have a hidden nuclear silo, make sure you stagger your nuclear assaults when you start to run out of nukes. That way, when you run out, you can still nuke once per day (provided you have meet the requirements of buying nukes with the MP), and keep your opponents in nuclear anarchy for an extended period of time.

For nations trying to take as much as possible down with them, I would suggest continuing with your bombing runs. 2 bombers combined with the rest fighters will still cause max damage without compromising your air defences.

Also, don't underestimate the power of spies when in a nuclear war. If you can take out your opponents nukes, you can inflict a nice loss on them. Killing two nukes a day equals two less nukes you potentially face in the long run, not to mention the money they lost in the destruction of these unused nukes.

The Manhatten Project should not be used on its own--it should be combined with other wonders (such as the SDI or CIA to prevent the loss of nukes from spying), thus maximizing your potential for destruction. Also, the Manhatten Project MUST be combined with a large warchest in order to reach its full potential.

Also, the chances of reaching peace mode one you resort to nukes is basically nill until you hit ZI. Fighting in cybernations is much smarter now, with staggered attacks etc. When you attack your 3 targets, chances are you'll have to fight these targets AND three other defensive wars.

Edited by Commisar Gaunt

For nations trying to take as much as possible down with them, I would suggest continuing with your bombing runs. 2 bombers combined with the rest fighters will still cause max damage without compromising your air defences.

I would recommend keeping your cash for defending your tech and infra, but if your warchest is big enough it is manageable. If you are fighting multiple nations that are vastly superior to your own the cost of daily air attacks could run into the millions to be added to the millions spent defending.

Also, don't underestimate the power of spies when in a nuclear war. If you can take out your opponents nukes, you can inflict a nice loss on them. Killing two nukes a day equals two less nukes you potentially face in the long run, not to mention the money they lost in the destruction of these unused nukes.

If you have a big enough war chest you can spend the $2m per day destroying nukes. I would still recommend keeping all your cash for CM's and nuke attacks.

Also, the chances of reaching peace mode one you resort to nukes is basically nill until you hit ZI. Fighting in cybernations is much smarter now, with staggered attacks etc. When you attack your 3 targets, chances are you'll have to fight these targets AND three other defensive wars.

I made it to peace before war and am in peace for the second time during the war. I will have used 65+ nukes by the time my nation runs out of cash so it is possible to make peace.