Inactivity, or bug?

Bleak Outlook

Greetings,

A friend of mine was saving collections for his one-year anniversary. He attempted to log in this morning and it says his nation was deleted. He tells me that this morning (2/14/08) was supposed to be the 20th day of inactivity (not 21st), and has asked me to see what went wrong, as he is not registered on these forums. Can you please check Nation_ID=106418 and let me know: was he was over the time limit, or did something else go wrong? If he was not over the limit for inactivity, can his nation be restored?

Thanks for your assistance!

Someone who logged in this morning showed the trade with my friend still active. I thought deletion takes place at the end of the 20th day, not the beginning?

This is incorrect. Deletions occur at some random point during the day when admin runs the script which identifies and deletes nations with 20 days of inactivity. It's best to only go 19 days without collecting. If you're going to go the 20th day, you best be on at update to collect since there is no way of knowing when the script will be run.

In this thread, Admin says:

You had not collected taxes for 20 days. Nations are deleted after 20 days inactivity.

He says deleted after 20 days of inactivity, so the deletion would occur at the end of the 20th day.

This guy put a year into building his nation and playing CN. He logged on at the start of the 20th day to find his nation gone. That seems to be too harsh of a punishment considering the vagueness of the policy. How about it? Can we have him restored and get the policy clarified please? :(

I don't think that nations are restored but your friend almost certainly sacrificed nation growth by not collection and buying infra for twenty whole days. Birthday bonuses are not big enough to make up for the sacrificed growth.

when i was at the 5k jump my back collection for 19 days on my birthday earned my almost 20 million more, so i'd say they're worth it.