Flag Creation

Cirrus

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yiuropbw5.jpg

this flag, also known as the flag of yiurop, is my !@#$%* flag. it's how the EU flag would look like if the EU was a communist union, and shows the love of europe and the belief in communism of the person who uses it; the hammer and sickle symbolize communism, and so does the red background, while the stars remind you of the stars in the european flag. you have to change the no. of stars every time a new member joins, but still it's a pretty clear flag that passes its message.

What the heck, That's a flag I MADE! You stole that from my Photobucket >>

Here's some fine examples of what I mean, The 3 flags I made for my rp site [including the one he stole]

These were for a nation of mine called the "Federation of West European Soviets"

Seal-4.png - Coat of Arms

FWESConceptSmall-Army.png - Army Flag

FWESConceptSmall.png - National Flag [small]

FWESConcept.png - National Flag [Large]

Edited by Prince Paul Karadordevic

Libya are unbeatable when it comes to simplicity.

But I said simplicity, design and meaning. Libya has merely adopted what appears to be Peter Pan's surrender flag.

Within the Cyberverse, however, I am pleased to present what I believe is one of the worst examples of what an alliance's flag should look like:

82cksib.jpg

It's a disaster, frankly. The desire behind the attempt to combine the hammer and sickle, star and raised fist is perhaps understandable -- uniting as they do the Soviet, Chinese and (lol) Trotskyist factions -- but the execution is just terrible, violating many of the standard rules of flag design.

But I said simplicity, design and meaning. Libya has merely adopted what appears to be Peter Pan's surrender flag.

Within the Cyberverse, however, I am pleased to present what I believe is one of the worst examples of what an alliance's flag should look like:

82cksib.jpg

It's a disaster, frankly. The desire behind the attempt to combine the hammer and sickle, star and raised fist is perhaps understandable -- uniting as they do the Soviet, Chinese and (lol) Trotskyist factions -- but the execution is just terrible, violating many of the standard rules of flag design.

I never liked the fist for a flag symbol. Trust me, drawing fists is annoying.

For commie alliances, they should stick with:

-Stars

-Hammer & Sickle

-Hammer and Compass

-Variations of the two.

Objectively speaking there's nothing really wrong with CPCN's flag. It doesn't violate the rules at all.

1. Simple? Check

2. Meaningful symbolism? Check

3. Acceptable number of colors? Check

4. No lettering or seals? Check

5. Distinctive AND related? Check

6. Realistic (no photoshop effects, placement of symbols on the left, etc)? Check

It meets every guideline.

Aesthetically it could be argued that it's not great, but vexillologically it's perfectly fine.

Edited by Cirrus

What the heck, That's a flag I MADE! You stole that from my Photobucket >>

Well I can tell the flag he posted isnt the same as the one/s you did.

Firstly, his doesnt have a star above the hammer and sickle (inside the ring of stars). The stars in the ring and the hammer and sickle look sharper on your flag and they are also different sizes.

Objectively speaking there's nothing really wrong with CPCN's flag. It doesn't violate the rules at all.

1. Simple? Check

2. Meaningful symbolism? Check

3. Acceptable number of colors? Check

4. No lettering or seals? Check

5. Distinctive AND related? Check

6. Realistic (no photoshop effects, placement of symbols on the left, etc)? Check

It meets every guideline.

Aesthetically it could be argued that it's not great, but vexillologically it's perfectly fine.

Agreed, Cirrus. I think CPCN's flag is excellent. The symbolism is all meaningful and clear, even down to the colors used on the flag. It's a flag that screams "worker's revolt".

It maybe be overdone, but it's a relatively simple design that could be easily reproduced. And I know who it belongs to... it's not another cut and dry CN flag with a Photoshop-heavy design in a circle on top of a cross.

I think simplicity is the best thing in flag design. If you can stand out without having to over-design the crap out of a piece, you're truly doing good work.

Jeohist_Soviet_Union.png

Red with a yellow star in the position of honour, representing the Communist government.

Aqua, representing my colour sphere and the Mushroom Kingdom.

Green, representing my history as a GPA member.

No letters! Also, what did you use to put that rose in? MS Paint? Doesn't fill in very well.

If you bothered to read the entire thing :rolleyes: , letters are allowed if used as a symbol. Like Colorado's "C" on their flag.

Also, the rose it ment to be like that, I used to "cartoon" feature on Photobucket.

Jeohist_Soviet_Union.png

Red with a yellow star in the position of honour, representing the Communist government.

Aqua, representing my colour sphere and the Mushroom Kingdom.

Green, representing my history as a GPA member.

The mix of colours isn't great, if i'm honest. It hurts my eyes slightly.

vlag4pu9.png

How about this one? My alliance is looking for a flag, and this is what I came up with. It's green because we're green team (it was blue when I started) and the grey and gold are there because I like them.

I know there's lettering in it, but it's functional and the flag is pretty bland without it.