Flag Creation

Cirrus

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada has never claimed to be a "maple leaf culture". That's why the maple leaf is a symbol. It symbolizes more than just the leaf itself. What other than pot does the pot leaf in his flag represent? According to him, nothing.

Pot. They seem to like it a lot, why not put it on their flag? It certianly makes it easy to recognise.

Actually, the maple leaf on the Canadian flag was supposed to be a marijuana leaf, but the Canadian Betsy Ross wasn't that great of an artist, so it ended up looking like a maple leaf.

y'all should learn you sum Candaean histery.

Actually, the maple leaf on the Canadian flag was supposed to be a marijuana leaf, but the Canadian Betsy Ross wasn't that great of an artist, so it ended up looking like a maple leaf.

Methinks you've been smoking too much pot.

Top_flag_small.png

I bet we fail several tests, though at least it's not cluttered :)

So yes, attempt to get it a bit more on-topic :)

Edited by avernite

Hey, thats the Paradox Entertainment logo. :awesome:

They make great games.

It IS The Order of the Paradox, afterall.

Still, this is a bit off-topic.

Top_flag_small.png

I bet we fail several tests, though at least it's not cluttered :)

So yes, attempt to get it a bit more on-topic :)

I very much like TOP's flag. The only thing that bugs me about it is the similarity to a popular anarchist flag (below)

anarchist_flag.png

But since it is an IC flag I would assume it doesn't carry the same meaning with it.

I very much like TOP's flag. The only thing that bugs me about it is the similarity to a popular anarchist flag (below)

anarchist_flag.png

But since it is an IC flag I would assume it doesn't carry the same meaning with it.

Well, not that meaning, but it IS derived from that flag, since that flag is quite prominent in Paradox games (and has the added advantage that it is not attached to a specific country :) )

I used to love designing flags, but my new comp only has GIMP, and GIMP is awful at the cutting/pasting and makes working in layers such a pain. I guess that's OK, though, because the PPF flag doesn't need touched.

PPFflag.jpg

You can argue that it has too much white, but keep in mind the PPF is a white alliance, so that is symbolic.

Well I did ta flag today and I really wanna show it, I'm very proud of my work and want hear people's opinion so:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u190/Ti.../BrazilFlag.png

I love it but something about the center part (the circle, not the little... sun beams I guess) doesn't sync with the rest of the flag. That's IMO and I'm not art critic, but it just doesn't seem right.

I used to love designing flags, but my new comp only has GIMP, and GIMP is awful at the cutting/pasting and makes working in layers such a pain. I guess that's OK, though, because the PPF flag doesn't need touched.

http://imagelinks.homestead.com/files/PPFflag.jpg

You can argue that it has too much white, but keep in mind the PPF is a white alliance, so that is symbolic.

I always really liked your alliance's flag so meh.

PPFflag.jpg

I like it the white contrasts the blue