Flag Creation

Cirrus

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our former flag seemed to be accepted for the most part, but even though I made it, something still didn't feel right about it. All of the colors were too dark, and the image wasn't really simple (and impossible to sew on a real flag), so I revamped it. What do you guys think?

edenflagredocopy-1.png

The rhino is an awesome and underused symbol.

I would remove the wreath and remove the photoshop effects. And make the two black lines a little bit bigger.

The rhino itself is awesome :awesome:

How's this?

NpOFlag.jpg

Shows my strong ties to Polaris. It was made in remembrance of GWIII, where I fought five enemies.

I like this one a lot. Has a very nice look to it, I think.

Our former flag seemed to be accepted for the most part, but even though I made it, something still didn't feel right about it. All of the colors were too dark, and the image wasn't really simple (and impossible to sew on a real flag), so I revamped it. What do you guys think?

edenflagredocopy-1.png

Looks pretty cool. And I have always liked the billowing effect a lot on flags around here. When we upgraded from our old GATO flag:

Gatoflag.png

to our newer flag:

gatoflag.png

I was quite impressed.

Lighting effects; they are bad.

Did you listen to anything from the OP? The light thing just clutters it.

If everything else is alright, I'm going to keep the lighting effects on the sig-flag simply because it looks nice. The standard flag of course, would only have the lightning effects of the natural light it is cast in.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

While those are all very cool looking graphics, I think every single one breaks the rules of vexillology

I agree with you, but we aren't design real flags so it isn't so much important in my poin of view.

Last flags I did:

Terran Prime

TerraPrimeFlag.png

IRAN

IRANFLAG.png

Bored day made me did this one:

Flag01.png

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you, but we aren't design real flags so it isn't so much important in my poin of view.

Last flags I did:

Terran Prime

TerraPrimeFlag.png

IRAN

IRANFLAG.png

Bored day made me did this one:

Flag01.png

I really like the first one, and the second one gets the point around (while being simple and effective) but the third is too complicated in my opinion. It took me a few seconds to completely appreciate it, which kinda goes against the rules of flags. But I still like it. Nice job :)

For the most part, I see a lot of too-heavily Photoshopped flags. Cloud rendering and such.

Take my own alliance's flag. For RL, I think the middle circle has too many effects. But fo this game, I like it.