Breaking up is hard to do (Foreign Affairs Announcement from Polaris)

0MaXpnW.png

As part of our ongoing reassessment of Polar foreign affairs it has come to my attention that we have a mutual defense treaty with the Orange Defense Network, and that the Orange Defense Network still exists.

It is within my power to correct one of these faults. We hereby give 48 hours notice to ODN of the cancellation of the Frozen Orange Juice treaty.

It is a sad thing for me, as a long, long time ago I spent a lot of time with my friends in ODN in our embassy there where I personally served as ambassador. Our alliances were true friends and allies. Those days are long gone now, and I suppose I mourn that more than I mourn losing the husk of what ODN once was as a treatied ally. PH, Pingu (salve quoque), and all the others from ODN past and present who I am happy to call a friend, you will remain so. Good luck always.

With love,

His Excellency Emperor of the New Polar Order, Fleet Admiral Doctor Electron Sponge, OBE, PHD, COD, ASAP, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, Conqueror of the Antarctic Lands in General and Godwanaland in Particular, Also Hello

Dajobo, Imperial Regent
AlmightyGrub, Imperator Emeritus
EaTeMuP, Imperator Emeritus
RandomInterrupt, Imperial Advisor for Trains
tenbob, Imperial Advisor

JadenStar10, Minister of Truth

Dubh Caireallain, Deputy Minister of Truth
Quantum Leap, Minister of Love

73MPL4R, Deputy Minister of Love

Medic32, Minister of Plenty
JayMillz, Deputy Minister of Plenty
Dendarii Federation, Minister of Peace

Guus87, Deputy Minister of Peace

First, this is probably for the best.  Second, it is genuinely sad to see one of the mainstay alliances of the game fall into such a dismal state.  That being said, you could probably have said the same thing about many alliances before the last war.  Personally, I thank RIA, Fark, and FAN for waking VE out of a similar haze of inactivity.  Sadly, ODN faced no comparable pressure during the war.

11 hours ago, jerdge said:

I don't know how else to reply to your intelligent post other than thanking you for it.

I thank you for your thanks.

Anyone at a loss for how to reply can emulate W_A_R. Herring always make an acceptable gift.

16 hours ago, Bdiah said:

First, this is probably for the best.  Second, it is genuinely sad to see one of the mainstay alliances of the game fall into such a dismal state.  That being said, you could probably have said the same thing about many alliances before the last war.  Personally, I thank RIA, Fark, and FAN for waking VE out of a similar haze of inactivity.  Sadly, ODN faced no comparable pressure during the war.

You're welcome

42 minutes ago, Stewie said:

You're welcome

NG was less than 5% of the defensive wars we fought in that war.  A trivial contribution compared to Fark and RIA.  In particular, RIA launched 138 offensive wars against us despite having only 20 nations.  Seriously impressive, though we were their only opponents while Fark's attention was divided.

2 hours ago, Bdiah said:

NG was less than 5% of the defensive wars we fought in that war.  A trivial contribution compared to Fark and RIA.  In particular, RIA launched 138 offensive wars against us despite having only 20 nations.  Seriously impressive, though we were their only opponents while Fark's attention was divided.

I am 100% all for listening to reasons why our allies in RIA are awesome

3 hours ago, Bdiah said:

Seeing that our allies came into defend us I mean..

They did their jobs amazingly well.  And I am stoked that they all brought you back to life.