The lads will be home by Christmas

jerdge

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, firingline said:

The only conflict/war started in June. That conflict/war is now over per this agreement, and the agreement said absolutely nothing about DBDC's declaration years ago. There's no reason to think this agreement has anything to do with DBDC's statement years ago. It does not close the declaration Doom issued, it simply ends the conflict that began in June. If you wanted to address Doom's statement on raiding, you'd have to bring that to the negotiating table. You didn't, because you were in no position to make those kinds of demands. Simple.

Doom and Herogasm are, per this agreement, at peace.  If the declaration from years ago were still active, then we would not be at peace.  The peace agreement closes ALL conflict that existed between Doom and Herogasm, and supersedes any and all states of hostilities between the signed parties with a state of peace.

I do not understand why this is difficult to grasp.

Further, it is solely to Doom's benefit that Herogasm acknowledges a close to the open raiding declaration (as it pertains to Herogasm alliances).  Nothing in the agreement prevents Doom from re-opening hostilities against undersigned alliances (besides the certainty of a mass retaliation, and whether or not they want to have a full blown war again so soon, coupled with the subsequent depletion of trust and faith that another white peace would be viable), but an acknowledgement of peace prevents Herogasm from using their prior declaration as a CB again, as it was used for this war.

"In no position to make demands" is absolutely mental because it's literally solely to the benefit of Doom to acknowledge this reality.  The only reason to deny it would be to try to keep open a path for using it as a future CB against Doom.

I have no words to describe the infinite reach of your stupidity.

Edited by HeroofTime55

7 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Doom and Herogasm are, per this agreement, at peace.  If the declaration from years ago were still active, then we would not be at peace.  The peace agreement closes ALL conflict that existed between Doom and Herogasm, and supersedes any and all states of hostilities between the signed parties with a state of peace.

I do not understand why this is difficult to grasp.

Further, it is solely to Doom's benefit that Herogasm acknowledges a close to the open raiding declaration (as it pertains to Herogasm alliances).  Nothing in the agreement prevents Doom from re-opening hostilities against undersigned alliances (besides the certainty of a mass retaliation, and whether or not they want to have a full blown war again so soon, coupled with the subsequent depletion of trust and faith that another white peace would be viable), but an acknowledgement of peace prevents Herogasm from using their prior declaration as a CB again, as it was used for this war.

"In no position to make demands" is absolutely mental because it's literally solely to the benefit of Doom to acknowledge this reality.  The only reason to deny it would be to try to keep open a path for using it as a future CB against Doom.

I have no words to describe the infinite reach of your stupidity.

This has already been discussed and one of your alliance members recently agreed that I am correct and you are wrong. Good day.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

This has already been discussed and one of your alliance members recently agreed that I am correct and you are wrong. Good day.

Yeah but the problems are that you betrayed your former alliance and that you're wrong on everything.

11 minutes ago, firingline said:

Cry some more.

Seriously, that's the best you could come up with? With the infinite repository of words available on the internet, your best response to once again being told that you are worthless is 'cry some more'. Somehow that's even more underwhelming than the usual response I get to calling people out ("I don't know who you are"). Also do you really want to use that line considering you abandoned your alliance mid-war because you were upset with the performance of CLAMS?

34 minutes ago, Bionic redhead said:

Seriously, that's the best you could come up with? With the infinite repository of words available on the internet, your best response to once again being told that you are worthless is 'cry some more'. Somehow that's even more underwhelming than the usual response I get to calling people out ("I don't know who you are"). Also do you really want to use that line considering you abandoned your alliance mid-war because you were upset with the performance of CLAMS?

What more needs said? You didn't like the fact that I proved your alliance mate wrong, so now a bunch of you are crying about me daring to nuke CLAWS. As if that has anything to do with anything. So yeah - cry some more. You're still wrong.

Edited by firingline

13 minutes ago, firingline said:

What more needs said? You didn't like the fact that I proved your alliance mate wrong, so now a bunch of you are crying about me daring to nuke CLAWS. As if that has anything to do with anything. So yeah - cry some more. You're still wrong.

Hey now, I laughed at you nuking CLAMS. Because a grown-ass man in an online game having a temper tantrum like a 5-year old is hilarious. It's also very disappointing. 

It's also funny how one person agreeing with you is all you need to hear despite the half dozen or so people beforehand disagreeing with you.

25 minutes ago, Bionic redhead said:

Hey now, I laughed at you nuking CLAMS. Because a grown-ass man in an online game having a temper tantrum like a 5-year old is hilarious. It's also very disappointing. 

It's also funny how one person agreeing with you is all you need to hear despite the half dozen or so people beforehand disagreeing with you.

I'm glad you laughed at me nuking CLAWS. I laughed at me nuking CLAWS too. 

Deciding to nuke somebody, though, is not 'throwing a temper tantrum'. It's especially funny, because most of the actual temper tantrums I've seen over the past 2 years have actually come from your AA. Some pretty quality meltdowns. 

It simply doesn't matter how many NG members claim this treaty ends Doom's raiding policy. There can be 20 mouth-breathers lined up to say that - it's still wrong, and a simple glance at the text on page 1 proves that. One NG member finally saw the light. That's a rare enough occurrence that it's worth noting, in my opinion.

Anyways, I think we've beaten this dead horse enough. Unless you have something more to say than 'you're wrong because you nuked CLAWS', I think it's time we both move on.

15 minutes ago, firingline said:

Deciding to nuke somebody, though, is not 'throwing a temper tantrum'. It's especially funny, because most of the actual temper tantrums I've seen over the past 2 years have actually come from your AA. Some pretty quality meltdowns. 

It simply doesn't matter how many NG members claim this treaty ends Doom's raiding policy. There can be 20 mouth-breathers lined up to say that - it's still wrong, and a simple glance at the text on page 1 proves that. One NG member finally saw the light. That's a rare enough occurrence that it's worth noting, in my opinion.

Anyways, I think we've beaten this dead horse enough. Unless you have something more to say than 'you're wrong because you nuked CLAWS', I think it's time we both move on.

Just stopping in to say nobody is ever wrong nuking CLAWS, 100% always the right call

22 minutes ago, firingline said:

Soon you'll be approved for NATO membership and the people of NG will be your allies. While I myself enjoy verbal vomiting on those I dislike, it would be wise of you not to make too much noise in your new home. Devo is quite the gentleman and I know for a fact he's the kind of guy that believes in second chances. Don't waste it. Just friendly advise. Good luck in your new place.

Edited by Kapleo

23 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

Soon you'll be approved for NATO membership and the people of NG will be your allies. While I myself enjoy verbal vomiting on those I dislike, it would be wise of you not to make too much noise in your new home. Devo is quite the gentleman and I know for a fact he's the kind of guy that believes in second chances. Don't waste it. Just friendly advise. Good luck in your new place.

FL is FL. He’s not going to like most of NG and most of us don’t particularly like him. However as long as he’s a productive member of NATO we’re not going to bug them about it.

Personally I don’t think this peace agreement changes anything in regards to Dooms raiding. Whether this closes out their Declaration of War in the world or not is just details. They’ll raid if they want, and people will respond if they want, and the world turns. 

59 minutes ago, firingline said:

It simply doesn't matter how many NG members claim this treaty ends Doom's raiding policy.

This is not the claim. The claim is that it ends the policy with regards to Herogasm coalition members. Anyone who was not part of our coalition, and therefore did not sign a peace agreement with Doom, is presumably still subject to their open war declaration on the world.  

Which, again, isn't to say they couldn't immediately open a new conflict, but it would be a brand new conflict, it would not be a continuation of their prior Open War Declaration.  This is, more or less, meaningless e-lawyering, the only real takeaway is that we (Herogasm signatories) no longer can use their years old declaration as a CB in the future. That's literally it, lol.

Thankfully for Doom, you don't speak for them, as you continue to insist that we're still at war even though we signed peace (?????). This is some of the most breathtaking stupidity these forums have ever known. Please consider taking just half a second to think before you post, instead of just being an impulsive contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

Edited by HeroofTime55

Just now, HeroofTime55 said:

This is not the claim. The claim is that it ends the policy with regards to Herogasm coalition members. Anyone who was not part of our coalition, and therefore did not sign a peace agreement with Doom, is presumably still subject to their open war declaration on the world.  

Thankfully for Doom, you don't speak for them, as you continue to insist that we're still at war even though we signed peace (?????). This is some of the most breathtaking stupidity these forums have ever known. Please consider taking just half a second to think before you post, instead of just being an impulsive contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

Did you just call Kersch 'breathtakingly stupid'?

Bold move.

As much as I appreciate the attempt, @Kapleo, I think I'm just fine here. NG doesn't generally have a problem with taking it after they dish it out. If anyone has concerns, they're free to message NATO gov or me directly. But I'm not really all that concerned about it.

30 minutes ago, firingline said:

Did you just call Kersch 'breathtakingly stupid'?

Bold move.

As much as I appreciate the attempt, @Kapleo, I think I'm just fine here. NG doesn't generally have a problem with taking it after they dish it out. If anyone has concerns, they're free to message NATO gov or me directly. But I'm not really all that concerned about it.

That's why I quoted you, certainly.

NG members speak freely. That shouldn't be construed as a diplomatic incident, because it isn't. But, I'm just saying, were I a gambler, which I am, I would not place any bets on your longevity over there. Not because of anything we are concerned about, I just have a hunch.

Edited by HeroofTime55

4 hours ago, firingline said:

Unless you have something more to say than 'you're wrong because you nuked CLAWS', I think it's time we both move on.

I was saying "You're usually wrong and you betrayed your previous alliance in order to nuke their ally like a petulant child"

13 minutes ago, Bionic redhead said:

I was saying "You're usually wrong and you betrayed your previous alliance in order to nuke their ally like a petulant child"

Should've just nuked both sides like a petulant child instead. Way more satisfying and at least you get to be consistent with your stance!

On 12/19/2022 at 12:33 AM, King Cyan said:

Certain government members of Kashmir Grunge Society, Polar, and Argent get shoutouts for being fun opponents; you know who you are...

You should've taken my spleen.  Sorry you were never able to remove it.

I am going to speak on the matter of the Nov 10 2020 DBDC Global Declaration one more time, so everybody pay attention. 

Paragraph 6 clearly states that said announcement supersedes any declaration made in the past, present, and future. Unless it maybe doesn’t. 

Once again, if you find yourself with DBDC on your war page, you should probably consider yourself at war. Unless you shouldn’t due to some other circumstances yet to be defined, or maybe previously defined elsewhere. 

The announcement is very straightforward, it should not still be a topic of discussion two years later.  Refer to this post, or the announcement itself, for any further questions. 

Edited by Galtian Commune
OG announcement incorrectly dated as 2029

1 hour ago, Galtian Commune said:

I am going to speak on the matter of the Nov 10 2020 DBDC Global Declaration one more time, so everybody pay attention. 

Paragraph 6 clearly states that said announcement supersedes any declaration made in the past, present, and future. Unless it maybe doesn’t. 

Once again, if you find yourself with DBDC on your war page, you should probably consider yourself at war. Unless you shouldn’t due to some other circumstances yet to be defined, or maybe previously defined elsewhere. 

The announcement is very straightforward, it should not still be a topic of discussion two years later.  Refer to this post, or the announcement itself, for any further questions. 

So you are telling me that the declaration in 2020 is still open? 

On 12/19/2022 at 11:10 AM, firingline said:

This peace agreement obviously applies to the current war started by NATO/FTW. 

I like how you're trying to claim it expands to Doom's raiding declaration from years ago, but that isn't mentioned in the treaty text at all and there's really no reason to think that stance has changed. Of course, Non Grata and other could have negotiated for that term... but didn't.

I agree with firingline.