The lads will be home by Christmas

jerdge

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Why would we? Its easy, if Doom hits an ally of NG, we get to go to war. 

That's literally always been the case?

I guess I don't understand your point.

Edit:

A whole bunch of NG saying it'd be a treat if DBDC would attack one of their allies

...what? You just agreed to peace with them so you clearly weren't chomping at the bit to fight them. If you were, why would you work to end the war?

Edited by firingline

27 minutes ago, firingline said:

That's literally always been the case?

I guess I don't understand your point.

Edit:

...what? You just agreed to peace with them so you clearly weren't chomping at the bit to fight them. If you were, why would you work to end the war?

Are you chomping at the bit to betray your next alliance?

10 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Are you chomping at the bit to betray your next alliance?

Yawn. Are you chomping at the bit to quit the game the next time you think NG is going to lose a war?

Back to where you were pretending to really, really want to hit DBDC days after you sought white peace w/ DBDC. "Hold me back bro!"

Edited by firingline

29 minutes ago, firingline said:

Yawn. Are you chomping at the bit to quit the game the next time you think NG is going to lose a war?

Back to where you were pretending to really, really want to hit DBDC days after you sought white peace w/ DBDC. "Hold me back bro!"

I didn't know you thought betraying Doom Squad was so boring. Interesting. 

Just now, Lyanna Mormont said:

I didn't know you thought betraying Doom Squad was so boring. Interesting. 

Yet another extremely common human interaction you seem confused by. I'm a nice guy, though, so I'll explain it to you: When you hear the same thing 20 times per week, it gets a bit boring.

56 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Guess we don’t understand yours. 

Why negotiate something we’d obviously take care of, since that has literally always been the case?

The original question was not whether or not NG would support its allies. You’ll be a lot less confused if you address the actual issue. 

14 hours ago, firingline said:

This peace agreement obviously applies to the current war started by NATO/FTW. 

I like how you're trying to claim it expands to Doom's raiding declaration from years ago, but that isn't mentioned in the treaty text at all and there's really no reason to think that stance has changed. Of course, Non Grata and other could have negotiated for that term... but didn't.

Are you mental?

It does not matter how or when the war started, insofar as this agreement is concerned, this white peace is an endpoint for ALL conflict and war between Doom (and others) and all undersigned alliances of Herogasm.  Which means it closes the open ended raiding declaration that Doom issued long ago, insofar as that applies to undersigned Herogasm coalition members.  Should Doom launch offensives, this would be a new conflict.  At present, there is peace.

There is every reason to believe we are at a state of peace currently.  This is just some of the dumbest logic I have seen from you yet.

7 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Are you mental?

It does not matter how or when the war started, insofar as this agreement is concerned, this white peace is an endpoint for ALL conflict and war between Doom (and others) and all undersigned alliances of Herogasm.  Which means it closes the open ended raiding declaration that Doom issued long ago, insofar as that applies to undersigned Herogasm coalition members.  Should Doom launch offensives, this would be a new conflict.  At present, there is peace.

There is every reason to believe we are at a state of peace currently.  This is just some of the dumbest logic I have seen from you yet.

The only conflict/war started in June. That conflict/war is now over per this agreement, and the agreement said absolutely nothing about DBDC's declaration years ago. There's no reason to think this agreement has anything to do with DBDC's statement years ago. It does not close the declaration Doom issued, it simply ends the conflict that began in June. If you wanted to address Doom's statement on raiding, you'd have to bring that to the negotiating table. You didn't, because you were in no position to make those kinds of demands. Simple.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:33 PM, jerdge said:

Argent, CLAWS, DBDC, DS, DT, DW, EO, GATO, GLoF, IRON, KoRT, NBO, NPO, ODN, Ouroboros, PGS, TKTB, VE, and WWF hereby enter a state of white peace with CCC, CRAP, FAIL, FAN, Fark, FTW, Kashmir, The Legion, MHA, MONGOLS, NATO, NG, NoR, NpO, OBR, OG, Ouroboros, RIA, Sparta, and TLR.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

At the end of the day, nothing stops DBDC from raiding anyone outside of this agreement.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

The only conflict/war started in June. That conflict/war is now over per this agreement, and the agreement said absolutely nothing about DBDC's declaration years ago. There's no reason to think this agreement has anything to do with DBDC's statement years ago. It does not close the declaration Doom issued, it simply ends the conflict that began in June. If you wanted to address Doom's statement on raiding, you'd have to bring that to the negotiating table. You didn't, because you were in no position to make those kinds of demands. Simple.

So you're trying to make sure that you are covered as well? Since you know.... You aren't in an alliance. Simple. 

3 hours ago, firingline said:

It wasn’t brought to the table because it will be handled if it’s a problem. Simple.

1 hour ago, CrinkledStraw said:

It wasn’t brought to the table because it will be handled if it’s a problem. Simple.

So basically you're agreeing with me that nothing has changed, which would be the opposite of what HoT etc. were saying.

Great! Glad we finally established that.