The lads will be home by Christmas

jerdge

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 15+ years I've been playing CN, this has been (by far) the most competitive conflict I've been a part of. Thanks to everyone involved for making the game fun again! Props to those I fought alongside and Respect to those I fought against! May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season!!

3 hours ago, jerdge said:

While I do like to take credit regardless, and to pointlessly talk about myself over and over and over, in this case I just relayed an announcement that had been written by others, and with the approval of literally everyone but me (obviously I'm neutral on the subject!)

Congrats on the well earned and deserved peace, everyone.

ooc:

I was asked to post it and I gladly did it. Healthy fun > everything else, the heavens know how each and every one of us needs and deserves some more smiles in their lives.

Congratulations to all for having your days back in your full control, and thanks for having kept it funny and clean, interesting and entertaining. There's a lot of talk about old times having been "much better", I'd rather say that CN is much more a friendly environment today than... basically ever. Onward to become even better, (and to be) friends! 🙂

I think we've just revealed that Jerdge has been the political mastermind behind the scenes all along.

1 hour ago, Bionic redhead said:

Hey so does this mean that Doom's open ended war on everyone is over too?

Probably not. They may or may not let us know if this is the case. I believe this was their intended sentiment with the open ended war dec; they might announce a DoW on someone here, they might not. Depends if they can be bothered.

10 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Probably not. They may or may not let us know if this is the case. I believe this was their intended sentiment with the open ended war dec; they might announce a DoW on someone here, they might not. Depends if they can be bothered.

White peace is peace with essentially no restrictions on either side (other than an equal commitment to the end of hostilities).  Doom could very well decide to declare a brand new war at any moment of their choosing, but this would be a new conflict - and one which I would imagine would draw immediate and forceful repercussions.  I would consider this agreement to have put a closure to the existing open-ended conflict specifically with the signatories of the Herogasm coalition.  They have not, however, signed peace with anyone outside our coalition.  So that can be left for other e-lawyers to sort out.

Edited by HeroofTime55

11 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

White peace is peace with essentially no restrictions on either side (other than a equal commitment to the end of hostilities).  Doom could very well decide to declare a brand new war at any moment of their choosing, but this would be a new conflict - and one which I would imagine would draw immediate and forceful repercussions.  I would consider this agreement to have put a closure to the existing open-ended conflict specifically with the signatories of the Herogasm coalition.  They have not, however, signed peace with anyone outside our coalition.  So that can be left for other e-lawyers to sort out.

For what counts, I think you're correct.

Two considerations: one, as far as I can remember the doom people casually raided before and after their "open DoW", I'm not sure that they bothered about form. If they then come/came to change their attitude, it's more a cultural shift then a legal thing.

Second, almost in 2023 I'm baffled that people in the DBDC raid zone still keep soldiers at all. I once thought that, well before this time, it would have become just common sense to tweak one's stuff not to be a profitable target (or, prey). It's probably more fun this way? I don't really know.

Edited by jerdge
clarity

On 12/18/2022 at 12:02 AM, HeroofTime55 said:

White peace is peace with essentially no restrictions on either side (other than an equal commitment to the end of hostilities).  Doom could very well decide to declare a brand new war at any moment of their choosing, but this would be a new conflict - and one which I would imagine would draw immediate and forceful repercussions.  I would consider this agreement to have put a closure to the existing open-ended conflict specifically with the signatories of the Herogasm coalition.  They have not, however, signed peace with anyone outside our coalition.  So that can be left for other e-lawyers to sort out.

This peace agreement obviously applies to the current war started by NATO/FTW. 

I like how you're trying to claim it expands to Doom's raiding declaration from years ago, but that isn't mentioned in the treaty text at all and there's really no reason to think that stance has changed. Of course, Non Grata and other could have negotiated for that term... but didn't.

48 minutes ago, firingline said:

This peace agreement obviously applies to the current war started by NATO/FTW. 

I like how you're trying to claim it expands to Doom's raiding declaration from years ago, but that isn't mentioned in the treaty text at all and there's really no reason to think that stance has changed. Of course, Non Grata and other could have negotiated for that term... but didn't.

Why would we? Its easy, if Doom hits an ally of NG, we get to go to war.