Captcha on soldier/tank purchase

spearo

Why am I getting a captcha code to purchase tanks and soldiers? doesn't appear to be required for any other purchases. Am 61 days uncollected not sure if that has something to do with it? its rather annoying...

7 hours ago, spearo said:

Why am I getting a captcha code to purchase tanks and soldiers? doesn't appear to be required for any other purchases. Am 61 days uncollected not sure if that has something to do with it? its rather annoying...

New feature for everyone apparently. 

1 hour ago, SeaBeeGipson said:

I assume someone or multiple people might've had a script running, and this prevents it. I'm not tech savvy to know how that works, but it's my assumption.

Its not a very user friendly fix. with the game tracking user interactions you would think they would be easy to find.

Also they have stopped again at the moment.

Edited by spearo

I'm sure admin has suspicions (or even proof) that people are running scripts to rebuy soldiers.

The problem is, you occasionally catch somebody attacking you, and being able to rebuy soldiers right in the middle of their attacks is awesome. The captcha prevents that.

The easy solution here is to also require a captcha for attacks so that attackers are delayed as much as defenders, allowing genuine human defenders to effectively catch attackers in the act and repurchase.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

I'm sure admin has suspicions (or even proof) that people are running scripts to rebuy soldiers.

The problem is, you occasionally catch somebody attacking you, and being able to rebuy soldiers right in the middle of their attacks is awesome. The captcha prevents that.

The easy solution here is to also require a captcha for attacks so that attackers are delayed as much as defenders, allowing genuine human defenders to effectively catch attackers in the act and repurchase.

Cant be that hard to catch people, a rebuy script would have to be racking up clicks wouldn't it?

How long does it take for captcha to activate after a nation is attacked? There is a nation I suspect has been cheating.
Now that captcha has been added he rebought after initial attacks then didn't rebuy anymore. As if the captcha took a moment to activate so it didn't stop his bot scripts at first.

23 hours ago, Canik said:

How long does it take for captcha to activate after a nation is attacked? There is a nation I suspect has been cheating.
Now that captcha has been added he rebought after initial attacks then didn't rebuy anymore. As if the captcha took a moment to activate so it didn't stop his bot scripts at first.

Yea i only have the captcha actually appear after I've done many things that day.  So I wonder if it's even helping the intended problem.  I hope admin does cut down on the scripts though...I know of one person I fought that had to be using one.

My unscientific research has revealed to me that the captcha only appears after being nuked (could also be after being attacked, haven't really checked that scenario), and then logging in what seems like up to 30-60 min after. Essentially if you get nuked and then log in, say 2 hours later, you won't get a captcha but if you had logged in 5 minutes after being nuked you would get the captcha.

Pretty annoying that the reward for getting lucky and logging in at the right time (or being a giga nerd) is a captcha.

Edit: seems like this happens for plain ground attacks too

Edited by Piejonk

1 hour ago, lilweirdward said:

Yep, I've noticed the exact same thing. I thought it was only after nukes at first, but it seems to be after nukes or GAs, and only for an unknown period of time directly after those attacks, like you said. 

Ahh then this makes sense for what I would guess the admin is doing to prevent the scripts.  I'm for this, for the idea of people using this tactic.  I do wonder though if instead of a captcha, it could be like the click the box if you're not a robot.  That's a lot easier and quicker I'd bet for people who are actually on when an attack is done.  

Also as stated, I would think the amount of clicks a nation gets would be able to be spotted.  I would think a script would really increase those numbers compared to normal use, and would much rather just see admin ban these nations eliminating the need for a captcha.