Change which awards give prizes

"Alliance with most infrastructure lost" encourages not going as hard on war opponents. This combined with giving the prizes to "top 2 nations by NS at end" means that the nations who contribute the most to the alliance award are less likely to get the prize themselves.

Several other awards' best strat is to just save money for the end, but the combination of 'alliance infra lost' and 'most soldiers killed' produces the most degenerate playstyle.

6 hours ago, Overlord Wes said:

"Alliance with most infrastructure lost" encourages not going as hard on war opponents. This combined with giving the prizes to "top 2 nations by NS at end" means that the nations who contribute the most to the alliance award are less likely to get the prize themselves.

Several other awards' best strat is to just save money for the end, but the combination of 'alliance infra lost' and 'most soldiers killed' produces the most degenerate playstyle.

Agree with this. Nations that do little all round shouldn't be awarded at the end.

Maybe keep strongest nation overall but maybe for the alliance award "top 2 nations by NS at end" change to the top 2 nations with the most wars fought or most damage done overall? 

Thanks!

AL

I want to keep the infrastructure lost award, but I agree that rewarding the strongest nations in the alliance with the most infras lost excludes those who actually worked to earn the reward. I'll change this to "Top Two Nations By Most Infrastructure Lost In The Alliance with the Most Infrastructure Lost" for the next round.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 9:01 AM, admin said:

I want to keep the infrastructure lost award, but I agree that rewarding the strongest nations in the alliance with the most infras lost excludes those who actually worked to earn the reward. I'll change this to "Top Two Nations By Most Infrastructure Lost In The Alliance with the Most Infrastructure Lost" for the next round.

Just noticed that the description on https://tournament.cybernations.net/prizes.asp doesn't match. [also a typo]

Top Two Nations By Most Infrastructure Lost In The Alliance with the Most Infrastructure Lost The top two players by Most Infrastructure Lost that finish Tournament Round 63 in the alliance that records the Most Infrastructure Destroyed award on the awards screen (infrastured destroyed is determined by infrastructure lost by alliance members during war, 10 member alliance minimum) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $40 and under or two $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nation Standard account.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 2:52 AM, Overlord Wes said:

Just noticed that the description on https://tournament.cybernations.net/prizes.asp doesn't match. [also a typo]

Top Two Nations By Most Infrastructure Lost In The Alliance with the Most Infrastructure Lost The top two players by Most Infrastructure Lost that finish Tournament Round 63 in the alliance that records the Most Infrastructure Destroyed award on the awards screen (infrastured destroyed is determined by infrastructure lost by alliance members during war, 10 member alliance minimum) will win an item(s) of your choosing from the Cyber Nations Merchandise Store valued $40 and under or two $30 donations applied to your (or your friends) Cyber Nation Standard account.

bump @admin

• 1 month later...
  • admin locked this topic