Defeat Alert damage not being triggered

happy5214

I know admin has already answered the question about the Anarchy trigger on DAs, but the damage point still hasn't been answered to my satisfaction, enough so that I'm making my first post on the OWF to file a report. I ran into this issue at update tonight. I ran one GA just after update, attempted another GA (my opponent had 4% odds, but no DA was triggered, no additional damage was done, and I got the standard post-DA "odds not high enough to defend" message), and did two airstrikes. Here are the screenshots:

Log (with an attack pre-update as context):

Emall_2021-10-31_Log.png

Pre-update stats (10/30/2022 11:58:58 PM) for K L Emall:

Emall_Before_Update.png

Stats for K L Emall at 10/31/2022 12:37:50 AM, after the second airstrike (and repeated attempts at getting a DA):

Emall_After_Update.png

Note that no damage was done apart from that caused by my successful ground and air attacks.

Are we still sure the defeat alerts around update are firing properly?

This has indeed been answered. Your first ground attack triggered their forces home so when you attempted a second ground attack it put them in auto-defeat, but no system message was generated due to my explanation below from the other thread. Do not use the system generated messages to determine if an opponent has or has not been auto-defeated. Those are only informational to the defender, and I'm not going to have the game spam the recipients every time someone checks their battle screen. If it says one thing on the ground battle screen, then that's exactly what just occurred in the code. There's nothing that would cause or prevent defeat alerts around update time.

If during an attack, the game determines that the defending nation does not have enough defending troops but they do have soldiers deployed, their forces will auto return home without a specific message being generated indicating as such, because the game is already notifying the defender of the ground attack against them. I'll review adding a note within the ground attack message indicating if this specific condition is met.

• admin locked this topic
  • admin unlocked this topic

happy5214, thanks for following up via PM. I took a deeper look and found the issue. 

As I said above, your first ground attack triggered their forces home which put them in auto-defeat, but this specific situation does not impose the defeat alert damages that you were expecting. I've changed this, so when a "battle return forces home" situation occurs, it won't prevent a normal defeat alert from being triggered afterwards.

While reviewing this, I also found that a nation could self-defeat alert themselves by selling off or deploying too many soldiers, which would put them in Anarchy, but would prevent a ground battle defeat alert containing damages for the remainder of that day. This has been remedied, so if a nation self-Anarchies themselves, they can still be issued a defeat alert via ground battle.