Defeat Alert Not Being Triggered

Lord Hershey

I am reporting a bug on two separate defeat alert events not being triggered on one of my opponents, Nishiyoshi.

First case occurred on 10/19.

3zLoOsT.png
4v7YB0h.png

Second case on 10/21 from my war buddy who shares the same opponent as me had the same issue:

vjVqiGM.png
bX3TwT4.png

From images above; it was clear that we did “defeat alert” Nishayoshi on two separate occasions and yet no defeat alert has been triggered as result allowing Nishayoshi not to be damaged and anarchied. We confirmed with other war buddies sharing the same opponent and they confirmed they didn’t see any defeat alert from their end. Therefore this has to be a bug.

This has happened to me at least once too, and I think one other person in our coalition reported it happening to them a few months ago, although obviously not against the same person in either case. For me, I didn’t get a chance to grab screenshots and report the bug, but I can verify that on rare occasions, CN seems to miss rewarding a valid DA. 

8 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

This has happened to me at least once too, and I think one other person in our coalition reported it happening to them a few months ago, although obviously not against the same person in either case. For me, I didn’t get a chance to grab screenshots and report the bug, but I can verify that on rare occasions, CN seems to miss rewarding a valid DA. 

Both of ours happened around update. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Do you happen to remember if it happened for you around update?

1 hour ago, firingline said:

Both of ours happened around update. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Do you happen to remember if it happened for you around update?

Yeah it would’ve been within a minute after update when it happened to me. 

It could be that the individual nation's have been getting defeated alerted by themselves and thus it isn't recorded in outboxes, but that should be easy to check for admin staff I think. It does just seem to happen sometimes.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:37 AM, Tevron said:

It could be that the individual nation's have been getting defeated alerted by themselves and thus it isn't recorded in outboxes, but that should be easy to check for admin staff I think. It does just seem to happen sometimes.

The nation in question did not appear to be online / responsive at the time we ran the attacks. If they self-DA'd with only a few hundred troops on hand we would have seen most/all troops deployed and sent them home, which didn't happen.

Defeat alert messages are sent to the defender only when they have troops deployed to inform them "What troops you had deployed have been automatically returned home to prepare your defenses" and only when their deployed troops have not already been auto-returned home that day. The defender being thrown into Anarchy is not contingent on such a message being dispatched.

In other words, the messages sent to the defender are only for information regarding their deployed troops and should not be used to determine if the defending nation was auto-defeated.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Defeat alert messages are sent to the defender only when they have troops deployed to inform them "What troops you had deployed have been automatically returned home to prepare your defenses" and only when their deployed troops have not already been auto-returned home that day. The defender being thrown into Anarchy is not contingent on such a message being dispatched.

In other words, the messages sent to the defender are only for information regarding their deployed troops and should not be used to determine if the defending nation was auto-defeated.

Can you explain why no defeat alert occurred in those two instances?

2 hours ago, Lord Hershey said:

Can you explain why no defeat alert occurred in those two instances?

I did explain.

Defeat alert messages are sent to the defender only when they have troops deployed to inform them "What troops you had deployed have been automatically returned home to prepare your defenses" and only when their deployed troops have not already been auto-returned home that day.

Closing this as it's related to the other "troops returned home" topic that was started here.

• admin locked this topic