Broken Nuking System

Smitty256

The nuking system in game is so incredibly broken. @admin really needs to fix it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever you can lose 25 nukes in a row, which happened to Dark Lord Sauron recently. I have had 14 nukes shot down in a row before. This is probably the biggest frustration that I have with Cyber Nations right now. I want to enjoy my wars and I can't if I am losing 8 nukes in a row trying to nuke my opponent. I don't find it exciting, I find it incredibly annoying and frustrating and makes me want to leave Cyber Nations. 

Admin, please, for the love of all that is good and holy, make the nuking system more balanced. PLEASE.

1 hour ago, DavidMustaine said:

According to the index 60% odds are what the sdi offers. 

Perhaps an algorithm could be implemented that reduces the sdi's effectiveness for each blocked missile?  

I like this idea. Perhaps after 10 SDI defenses in a given update period its effectiveness could drop in half?

3 hours ago, Smitty256 said:

The nuking system in game is so incredibly broken. @admin really needs to fix it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever you can lose 25 nukes in a row, which happened to Dark Lord Sauron recently. I have had 14 nukes shot down in a row before. This is probably the biggest frustration that I have with Cyber Nations right now. I want to enjoy my wars and I can't if I am losing 8 nukes in a row trying to nuke my opponent. I don't find it exciting, I find it incredibly annoying and frustrating and makes me want to leave Cyber Nations. 

Admin, please, for the love of all that is good and holy, make the nuking system more balanced. PLEASE.

The probability of missing in a row, with a 40% chance to hit is 0.0002843%. Missing 14 in a row has a probability of 0.07836%. So while missing 25 in a row is incredibly rare, I wouldn't say it's unheard of.

With my new proposition, the odds of missing 25 nukes in s row goes from 0.0002843% to 0.000000008676% which is 32,768 times less likely where are the odds of missing 14 in a row drop from 0.07836% to  0.00004898%, making it 16 times less likely to happen.

I think 10 misses, in my calculations, are a good place to change the odds if Admin would consider this because it doesn't drastically affect the odds of hitting at any given shot but it does prevent RNG from drastically changing the outcome of any given war. PLUS it could be SDI based, not attacking player based so that it would be slightly less of a benefit on any given attacker than the alternative of making it based on how many nukes a person launches.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Elijah the wild one said:

You should not be able to nuke a country that is less than a month old and then being able to nuke them over and over is sort of overpowered. Also not sure how players like WolfMan even have nukes? 

You attacked CLAWS' protectorate. You should not be surprised that you get nuked in response. Most alliances can get their nations access to nukes within 6 months of them starting the game. Wolf Man's nation is older than that by a lot and the current global war means a lot of nations are at a lower nation strength than normal.

20 hours ago, Tevron said:

You attacked CLAWS' protectorate. You should not be surprised that you get nuked in response. Most alliances can get their nations access to nukes within 6 months of them starting the game. Wolf Man's nation is older than that by a lot and the current global war means a lot of nations are at a lower nation strength than normal.

I'm not sure what being CLAWS' protectorate has to do with game mechanics. What a strange argument.

Elijah is correct. It makes absolutely no sense to have brand new nations getting nuked by nations with 30 wonders. 

Edited by firingline

• 7 months later...