Jump to content

What is dead may never die


drugsup
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DavidMustaine said:

I did some digging and it seems that you are either not really a member of LOSS or you are trying to hijack their alliance?  Idk what's up there dude.  

 

https://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=15565

This guy was LoSS way back in the day if he is who I think he is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rebel Virginia said:

This guy was LoSS way back in the day if he is who I think he is.

I am indeed. Also hello RV it's good to see you again as it is with many CN elders.

 

It's wonderful to see old faces still lingering within the realms of this world, i have fond memories of building relations with you all up to 16 years ago and glad to see many of you are alive and well.

 

After a flashback on my past i decided to dealve into the rabbit hole that is LoSS and came across an abundant history and was pleasantly surprised they went on to be an alliance many years until they merged in 2020.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DavidMustaine said:

I did some digging and it seems that you are either not really a member of LOSS or you are trying to hijack their alliance?  Idk what's up there dude.  

 

https://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=15565

I am somewhat of an ancient character who partook in much of LOSS' leadership in the first 4 years, I held positions of all branches of government and eventualy gained positions of Consul, Consul Emeritus and the first leader to hold the title of Princeps within LoSS.

 

I am a former veteran in

Great War 1

Great War 2

Great War 3

Polar War 1

Polar War 2

The Karma War

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, drugsup said:

I am somewhat of an ancient character who partook in much of LOSS' leadership in the first 4 years, I held positions of all branches of government and eventualy gained positions of Consul, Consul Emeritus and the first leader to hold the title of Princeps within LoSS.

 

I am a former veteran in

Great War 1

Great War 2

Great War 3

Polar War 1

Polar War 2

The Karma War

 

 

 

Karma was a blast.  Idk what happened after that, I heard something about doom something or other?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DavidMustaine said:

What if I shoot you?  🤔

 

Like I said; doesn't matter who. By all means; fire away, I need more dead people. Their bones are being re-purposed for an intergalatic spaceship that will propel Ouroboros from this planet for good.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Wonder what ever happened to the motivational vid made for LOSS when it joined GW2.  The one that had the Linkin Park song and had the WW2 paratroopers deploying.

 

Man, that was the best CN war DOW vid ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 8:46 PM, +Zeke+ said:

Wonder what ever happened to the motivational vid made for LOSS when it joined GW2.  The one that had the Linkin Park song and had the WW2 paratroopers deploying.

 

Man, that was the best CN war DOW vid ever.

Not linkin park but could it be this one? 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2022 at 5:13 PM, Franz Ferdinand said:

Wasn't that NOIR if I recall correctly?

 

You do indeed, there was also a NAP treaty that preceded it but I don't think LoSS were part of that but I can't remember what it was even called so I could be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2022 at 12:13 PM, Franz Ferdinand said:

Wasn't that NOIR if I recall correctly?

Nope. Before that.

 

On 10/10/2022 at 10:38 AM, drugsup said:

Could this be a GOONs member?

:((GOONS:((

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2022 at 5:22 AM, drugsup said:

Not linkin park but could it be this one? 
 

 

That was used in part of the vid.

 

It led off with an old somber tune that showed WW2 European devastated cities and then recapped some GW2 events with text.  Then it switched to Linkin Part By Myself Reanimator version as the vid switched to to a clip of the deploying of paratroops shown in that vid you just posted, basically saying our AA just entered the war to help move the goalposts.  Then It has more text about LOSS's initial efforts in the war while the LP song plays and the vid switches to clips of modern tank and missile war from Iraq being nailed by the US.  It was a great cut and paste vid job that was spliced well in all aspects of vid, music, and text.  LOSS was only a few days into the war and with good coordination we had some solid initial war stats that gave the vid text good rousing numbers.  It was great for AA morale and encouraged us absorb/deliver more punishment as the war became a slog.

 

 

On 10/20/2022 at 1:25 PM, Johnny Apocalypse said:

 

You do indeed, there was also a NAP treaty that preceded it but I don't think LoSS were part of that but I can't remember what it was even called so I could be wrong.

 

GOONS and LOSS never allied as far as I know.  They were always rivals for black team control.  There was always some antagonism going on, but I suspect that ended up as a positive motivator for both alliances to stay up on their game for several years.  The color team forums likely were disbanded because both alliances were robust in their trolling of each other in the black team forums, what with the mods always having to edit and penalize our posts at each other constantly.  We may not have been THE reason for the color team forum dissolution but made up the bulk of the antagonism fodder the mods had to police up.  I believe there were some forum trolling hacks that ended up being the true reason for dumping the color team forums, but the constant mod labor to keep LOSS and GOONS separated was the bulk of the fuel in the fire that caused the mods to say "eff this".  Yet one has to admit it was good for keeping the game lively and encouraged more outside recruiting in those early years.  That rivalry was also what led to black team become a popular AA destination in later years when game growth stalled and AAs were looking to switch color teams.  Black team remains today as one of the most popular colors with great diversity in number of AAs.  It may not have been pretty but GOONS and LOSS going at each other ended up being very positive for black team as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2022 at 10:42 PM, +Zeke+ said:

That was used in part of the vid.

 

It led off with an old somber tune that showed WW2 European devastated cities and then recapped some GW2 events with text.  Then it switched to Linkin Part By Myself Reanimator version as the vid switched to to a clip of the deploying of paratroops shown in that vid you just posted, basically saying our AA just entered the war to help move the goalposts.  Then It has more text about LOSS's initial efforts in the war while the LP song plays and the vid switches to clips of modern tank and missile war from Iraq being nailed by the US.  It was a great cut and paste vid job that was spliced well in all aspects of vid, music, and text.  LOSS was only a few days into the war and with good coordination we had some solid initial war stats that gave the vid text good rousing numbers.  It was great for AA morale and encouraged us absorb/deliver more punishment as the war became a slog.

 

 

 

GOONS and LOSS never allied as far as I know.  They were always rivals for black team control.  There was always some antagonism going on, but I suspect that ended up as a positive motivator for both alliances to stay up on their game for several years.  The color team forums likely were disbanded because both alliances were robust in their trolling of each other in the black team forums, what with the mods always having to edit and penalize our posts at each other constantly.  We may not have been THE reason for the color team forum dissolution but made up the bulk of the antagonism fodder the mods had to police up.  I believe there were some forum trolling hacks that ended up being the true reason for dumping the color team forums, but the constant mod labor to keep LOSS and GOONS separated was the bulk of the fuel in the fire that caused the mods to say "eff this".  Yet one has to admit it was good for keeping the game lively and encouraged more outside recruiting in those early years.  That rivalry was also what led to black team become a popular AA destination in later years when game growth stalled and AAs were looking to switch color teams.  Black team remains today as one of the most popular colors with great diversity in number of AAs.  It may not have been pretty but GOONS and LOSS going at each other ended up being very positive for black team as a whole.

 

Think i found your video from an old post of mine, unfortunately it was hosted on google videos before they aquired YT. It would appear this video is long deleted sadly.

 

 

@New ReverieIt appears you created this video do you have any trace of it? 🙂

Edited by drugsup
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, drugsup said:

 

Think i found your video from an old post of mine, unfortunately it was hosted on google videos before they aquired YT. It would appear this video is long deleted sadly.

 

 

@New ReverieIt appears you created this video do you have any trace of it? 🙂

I'll look around.  Honestly I think it may have been @Trace that made the video.  He was our big AV guy at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...