A Message of Love from Polaris

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time, I really do not know what the latest war is about, but as a good soldier, I go in and fight hard for the New Polar Order as ordered. 

History from over a hundred years ago on a certain Other Planet has shown that multiple interlocking defense/aggression treaties, which are supposed to serve as a deterrent, instead make it so a minor conflict between groups that always hate each other will potentially inflame into a worldwide conflict that is very easy to start, but nearly impossible to stop.

So to keep us safer, it may be best for Polaris to not be drawn into such petty rivalries and instead take responsibility for our own security by being formidable opponents in battle. For that, I offer the utmost appreciation for our Emperor and senior staff, whom I trust implicitly. 

We have already demonstrated that, no matter the size or number of our opponents, attacking us will be very, very costly. 

That will have to suffice.

On 9/14/2022 at 5:09 AM, Smitty256 said:

Salty much? Polar doesn't want to be with you guys anymore... get over it and move on.

Already over it... specially considering that the same happened to you a little bit less than 3 months ago. So maybe, something around Christmas, you'll see NpO being again our ally and not yours. I mean, switching sides has been Polaris' speciality also before... oh, wait... it's not that what we called Bi-Polar then?

1 hour ago, ojiras ajeridas said:

Already over it... specially considering that the same happened to you a little bit less than 3 months ago. So maybe, something around Christmas, you'll see NpO being again our ally and not yours. I mean, switching sides has been Polaris' speciality also before... oh, wait... it's not that what we called Bi-Polar then?

If you think NpO can be described as fickle alliance hoppers then you really do not know them at all. I was pretty annoyed at them during BiPolar (they left NSO and others in the fire to get a chance to go at TOP), but the move didn't come out of nowhere. When NpO does something they do it with deliberation and purpose.

2 hours ago, Morgaine said:

Most of the time, I really do not know what the latest war is about, but as a good soldier, I go in and fight hard for the New Polar Order as ordered. 

History from over a hundred years ago on a certain Other Planet has shown that multiple interlocking defense/aggression treaties, which are supposed to serve as a deterrent, instead make it so a minor conflict between groups that always hate each other will potentially inflame into a worldwide conflict that is very easy to start, but nearly impossible to stop.

So to keep us safer, it may be best for Polaris to not be drawn into such petty rivalries and instead take responsibility for our own security by being formidable opponents in battle. For that, I offer the utmost appreciation for our Emperor and senior staff, whom I trust implicitly. 

We have already demonstrated that, no matter the size or number of our opponents, attacking us will be very, very costly. 

That will have to suffice.

This is the Polar that I remember from when I was young, and the Polar that I've missed. Good luck to you and the rest of your alliance as you navigate the wonderful life outside the hegemony.

1 hour ago, ojiras ajeridas said:

Yeah, maybe they will. Probably not, but isn't that political uncertainty what's always been great about CN? You say this like it's a bad thing; like FTW should be threatened or anxious about Polar's independence and willingness to leave allies who don't have their best interests in mind. For me, though? I think that's fantastic. The challenge of needing to actually be a good and worthy ally is what's been missing in this game for years, and I'm really excited to have it back.

7 hours ago, Ivan Moldavi said:

This is the best thing I’ve read on Al Gore’s internet in a long time.

I think we should all say thanks, the disaster you created is allowing everyone to gain xp. 

Any chance I could borrow that time machine you've got there?  I could make a killing in the stock market ya know.  

9 hours ago, DavidMustaine said:

We need more doitzel too.

igklx1ehw4j51.jpg

He's been great as well.

TBH I'd never wish on Schatt or Doitzel that they come back to actually do anything.

1 hour ago, New Reverie said:

We're all passengers on the Polaris nostalgia train now.6tseob.jpg

Great movie, and Nostalgia Train is a top class candidate as war name. Thank you.