Any attempt to make CN popular-ish again?

ToasterOven

I started playing in 2007... I only learned about CN from playing Blitz 1941. CN wasn't that much different back then, but I feel like it was far more active.

I get that not everyone likes playing a text based browser game, but its not like the game needs to keep up with the graphical games. It still scratches the same itch for me as it did when I started playing. War coordination is still fun. Trying to navigate the silly web of treaties. Doing some research on what improvements to buy. Watching your country grow and then be bombed out of existence every couple of years.

Are there still any updates to the game?

I see suggestions, but when was the last actual update that wasn't for tournament mode?

Is there any advertising other than referrals?

I imagine there's not that much bang for the buck, but there has to be communities that like these types of games. Reddit? Back in 2007 most of the major alliances were people from various forums playing. Do we have web banners on any sites?

Where does the money go from donations?

Yea... I get it... there's only 2,500 of us. But there are donation choices up to $30. This is a text based game. Backend databases wouldn't be too large and there are many open source engines these days. Webservers for 2,500 can't be too costly. 

Like this game wasn't the pinnacle of gaming tech and innovation in 2007... it had a place and still has a place. Solely we're not the only weirdos in the world that play games like this.

• 1 year later...