troops returned home without a message

im317

i had troops deployed and got nuked. i have a fallout shelter system so my troops stayed deployed. i was the hit by 4 ground attack. i now have no troops deployed and never got a message saying my solders were sent home. bug?

https://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=124781

not sure what else you need

Apologize as im not the OP, but to add what i think hes asking about.

I believe there is a message when troops return home saying 

"

*Attacking Nation* has attempted to attack your nation with overwhelming ground forces with battle odds greater than 95%. What troops you had deployed have been automatically returned home to prepare your defenses. If your opponent maintains greater than 95% battle odds and attempts to attack you further today you will not be able to retain any tanks that you may purchase. To avoid automatic redeployment of your forces in the future you must keep enough defending forces to maintain adequate defenses at all times.

• 1 month later...

So there's "Forces Returned Home"

To: devnull    From: dev0win    Date: 10/24/2022 12:07:39 AM

Subject: Forces Returned Home

Message: dev0win has attempted to attack your nation with overwhelming ground forces with battle odds greater than 95%. What troops you had deployed have been automatically returned home to prepare your defenses. If your opponent maintains greater than 95% battle odds and attempts to attack you further today you will not be able to retain any tanks that you may purchase. To avoid automatic redeployment of your forces in the future you must keep enough defending forces to maintain adequate defenses at all times.

as opposed to Defeat Alerts from the other thread:

transcribed from screenshot:
To: blamange From: Nishiyoshi Date: 10/20/2022 12:05:29
Subject: Defeat Alert
Message: Your nation has been defeated in battle.  You do not have enough troops to defend your nation and your goverment has been thrown into Anarchy. You have lost all of your tanks, 5 spies, 47.40 infrastructure has been destroyed, 11.85 technology was lost and $5,000,000.00 of your money reserves was destroyed due to the invasion and resulting riots. What troops you did have deployed have also been returned home.

So if I hit someone with 100 troops and they have 0 at home but 50 deployed. I don't get a DA, their deployed forces are called home (forces returned home message) and not the DA.

If I hit someone with 100 troops and they have 0 at home and 4 deployed. They should get forces called home and a defeat alert (I'm rusty on if this happens in one attack or if I need to send a second attack once their forces are recalled.

@im317's issue here just sounds like there is a scenario where the forces called home message doesn't fire when troops are recalled.

@Lord Hershey's other thread seems to suggest a slightly different issue where the defeat alert doesn't fire. (This one I would guess might be the difference in rounding between the battle odds screen and the defeat alert function).

The first issue seems annoying but the second issue actually prevents damage from being done that may have ought been done by the Defeat Alert mechanism. Thanks for taking a look @admin!

Posting here since the other thread was closed...

Are we saying the defeat alert is actually happening, but with no message? Defeat alerts should carry with them the loss of spies, tech, infra, and up to $5m cash... not just a simple anarchy. We're concerned that we're not having that impact on our opponents on random occasions. (Possibly tied to server traffic around update?)

For example if I deploy later today I should be able to DA my 2 opponents w/ no troops, even though they have no deploy. Why didn't that happen w/ Nish?

@nishiyoshi_mha were you seeing such damages after our defeat alerts that didn't trigger a message?

Edit: also, there's two separate messages, @admin.

There's a 'deploy home' message, and a 'defeat alert' message.

This is a 'forces returned home' after a nuke, no defeat alert involved:

To: firingline    From: The Doogan    Date: 10/22/2022 6:00:12 PM

Subject: Forces Returned Home

Message: The Doogan has attempted to attack your nation with overwhelming ground forces with battle odds greater than 95%. What troops you had deployed have been automatically returned home to prepare your defenses. If your opponent maintains greater than 95% battle odds and attempts to attack you further today you will not be able to retain any tanks that you may purchase. To avoid automatic redeployment of your forces in the future you must keep enough defending forces to maintain adequate defenses at all times.

This is a 'defeat alert':

To: Eddy Crash    From: firingline    Date: 10/23/2022 8:22:11 AM

Subject: Defeat Alert

Message: Your nation has been defeated in battle. You do not have enough troops to defend your nation and your government has been thrown into Anarchy. You have lost all of your tanks, 0 spies, 42.36 infrastructure has been destroyed, 10.59 technology was lost and $1,692,020.18 of your money reserves was destroyed due to the invasion and resulting riots. What troops you did have deployed have also been returned home.

Edited by firingline

Perhaps the more simpler solution is that someone else sent a defeat alert before you?  Iirc a nation can only receive one per day.

If an attacker is unable to battle a defending nation because the defending soldier numbers are too low the defender will automatically be placed into Anarchy, up to 5 defending spies may be killed, 5% or up to 10 technology levels, 20% or up to 40 infrastructure levels, and 5% or up to $5 million in money may be destroyed (not stolen).

It does not specifiy that in the index though.  

6 hours ago, firingline said:

Are we saying the defeat alert is actually happening, but with no message?

Yes, as stated in the other thread.

Defeat alert messages are sent to the defender only when they have troops deployed to inform them "What troops you had deployed have been automatically returned home to prepare your defenses" and only when their deployed troops have not already been auto-returned home that day. The defender being thrown into Anarchy is not contingent on such a message being dispatched.

In other words, the messages sent to the defender are only for information regarding their deployed troops and should not be used to determine if the defending nation was auto-defeated.

• admin locked this topic