The Quest for the Unholy Lands

8 hours ago, firingline said:

I don't know what all this talk of "A" comes from.

KoRT activated a D-level treaty, because CCC committed acts of war against their ally.

It's really that simple.

Committing acts of war against someone who.... declared war on them.  Groundbreaking stuff.  Shame on you, CCC.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Committing acts of war against someone who.... declared war on them.  Groundbreaking stuff.  Shame on you, CCC.

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Since when has sending aid to Party A that declared war on Party B not been a CB and justification for the activation of a D-level treaty w/ Party B?

3 hours ago, firingline said:

Since when has sending aid to Party A that declared war on Party B not been a CB and justification for the activation of a D-level treaty w/ Party B?

Some have considered it a CB to launch an offensive war, against parties not already at war. It has never been a D activation.

The really inventive notion you're claiming, though, is that anyone can activate any D level if any of their war opponents aids any other of their war opponents.  CCC and TCTB were already at war with TKTB.  I mean, imagine if you will, the distinction between D level and A level just didn't exist.

45 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Some have considered it a CB to launch an offensive war, against parties not already at war. It has never been a D activation.

The really inventive notion you're claiming, though, is that anyone can activate any D level if any of their war opponents aids any other of their war opponents.  CCC and TCTB were already at war with TKTB.  I mean, imagine if you will, the distinction between D level and A level just didn't exist.

Your position: CCC supporting, protecting, aiding and enabling the formation of 'crying turtle brigade', designed expressly to attack TKTB (KoRT's ally), who btw is on the defensive side of the war, DEFINITELY isn't cause for the activation of a defensive treaty!

You can try to redefine what an aggressive war is all day, but nobody is buying it. So quit your crying.

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Tbf Armen when rogue on TKTB on 12/07, TCTB existence was announced on the 16/07 with the CCC protectorate. That gave CCC 4 days to judge if they are making the right decision in providing protection to a rogue.  

2 hours ago, firingline said:

CCC supporting, protecting, aiding and enabling the formation of 'crying turtle brigade', designed expressly to attack TKTB (KoRT's ally)

When I first came across this game, many years ago, this was a solid CB. 

Edited by Martialis

2 hours ago, firingline said:

Your position: CCC supporting, protecting, aiding and enabling the formation of 'crying turtle brigade', designed expressly to attack TKTB (KoRT's ally), who btw is on the defensive side of the war, DEFINITELY isn't cause for the activation of a defensive treaty!

You can try to redefine what an aggressive war is all day, but nobody is buying it. So quit your crying.

Why hasn't KoRT or any of TKTBs allies declared on TCTB. I don't quite understand. Why directly go after CCC. 

CCC didn't hit TKTB. WE DID. ILL WAIT FOR YOUR EXPLANATION furryline.

On 7/26/2022 at 1:24 AM, firingline said:

And yet when MHA piled on Doom Squad - a clear bandwagon and something they never would have done had we not been massively outnumbered - your side called it 'brave'.

Honor isn't defined as 'are they on my team or not'.

Sparta joined an offensive campaign that they almost certainly were involved in plotting. KoRT has no need to 'defend' them from the consequences of their aggression. It's perfectly honorable to support your ally who was attacked over the one who did the attacking.

I made it through 3 pages of this thread and this reply is the one that made me finally do this: 2s8O.gif

3 hours ago, Martialis said:

When I first came across this game, many years ago, this was a solid CB. 

You know what else is a very solid CB?

If Non Grata declared on your allies. Would you consider that a CB?

Edited by Lyanna Mormont

Being in NG and all for a while, I guess I am used to this sort of thing.  More casualties for Cyan! 

Speaking of NG though, I would like to point out that it appears KoRT has also entirely missed declaring any wars on NG in this supposed Turtle defense 🤔 

Clearly CCC is very special to KoRT.

4 hours ago, KingArmen said:

Why hasn't KoRT or any of TKTBs allies declared on TCTB. I don't quite understand. Why directly go after CCC. 

Since you didn’t catch the part about CCC aiding you in your war…well dare I say more? 

5 hours ago, KingArmen said:

you’re tiny little nuisance of an “alliance” isNt worth their time

15 minutes ago, Mumzilla said:

you’re tiny little nuisance of an “alliance” isNt worth their time

And yours is much better ? 

Honestly since your leader left and half have surrender. 

I didn't really even know your alliance was still a thing. 

Edited by KingArmen

This is one of the dumbest threads in the world. CB, short for Casus Belli, is "an act or situation justifying war." CBs can no longer be created, at all, once you are already at war.  You can't hit someone, wait for them to hit back, and then declare them hitting back as justification for attacking them in the first place. This is actually one of the dumbest arguments anyone has ever come up with in 16 years of this game.

6 hours ago, King Cyan said:

Speaking of NG though, I would like to point out that it appears KoRT has also entirely missed declaring any wars on NG in this supposed Turtle defense 🤔 

Clearly CCC is very special to KoRT.

As did NATO/FTW with DT & CLAWS. But as JA keeps pointing out NG are free to declare if they feel aggrieved.

10 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

You can't hit someone, wait for them to hit back, and then declare them hitting back as justification for attacking them in the first place. 

Where did that ever happen?

Certainly not here.

Defending your ally has always been - and always will be - a D-level activation. It just doesn't matter how much you cry about it.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

Where did that ever happen?

Certainly not here.

Defending your ally has always been - and always will be - a D-level activation. It just doesn't matter how much you cry about it.

Defending an ally from their own poor decision making when they started a fight with CCC with no warchests, you mean?