The Quest for the Unholy Lands

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, LordDarrin said:

Sounds to me like you’re bothered by this. Common theme on the opposing side. It’s insane to me that you think it’s ok to activate a “Newly signed treaty” mid war but not act on behalf of an aggressor..

Yeah, I'm bothered by people pretending like the rules and treaties we sign just don't matter anymore. Why write treaty text at all if you can just make up the rules as you go? That's ridiculous, and frankly it's dangerous for the health of this game, which, for some weird reason, I do still care about.

KoRT is an independent alliance, and they can declare aggressive wars just like anyone else. They can also sign and retroactively use an oA clause if they want the aggressive war to be considered part of the broader global war. But they can't declare an aggressive war on us in "defense" of an alliance that attacked us. That's literally not how any of this works.

41 minutes ago, LordDarrin said:

So you cant activate an oA clause on a treaty but you can make treaties in the middle of the war and activate them…what?

KoRT does not hold MA, oA, or MD level treaties with anyone.  So, yeah, you can't activate an oA clause if you do not hold an oA clause.  KoRT only signs ODP treaties.  Which, incidentally, is the sort of FA policy that allows such flexibility to put in minimal effort and protect one's own pixels.

Perhaps they should have gone the "sign treaty and retroactively activate it" route.  But they didn't.  It's sheer laziness, an incredible embarrassment.

36 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

KoRT does not hold MA, oA, or MD level treaties with anyone.  So, yeah, you can't activate an oA clause if you do not hold an oA clause.  KoRT only signs ODP treaties.  Which, incidentally, is the sort of FA policy that allows such flexibility to put in minimal effort and protect one's own pixels.

Perhaps they should have gone the "sign treaty and retroactively activate it" route.  But they didn't.  It's sheer laziness, an incredible embarrassment.

I find it more embarrassing you upload a treaty mid war..Almost like you need more friends to help you fight but hey, whatever it takes am I right? 

41 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

How did JA enter this war? 😜

1 hour ago, LordDarrin said:

So you cant activate an oA clause on a treaty but you can make treaties in the middle of the war and activate them…what?

1 ) If this was of concern to you, you very well could have addressed it in the thread when the announcement was made. 

2) Least the proper type of treaty was activated. Signing treaties and declaring wars has happened before on Planet Bob. oA into an ODP treaty is not one that comes to immediate memory. However, there has been plenty of situations over the course of the decades of this planet and precedence could very well exist that I am missing.

3) Neither CCC nor Turtles, or any involved parties involved with the direct OP of this thread. That was a decision between MONGOLS and Non Grata (whom is active in this thread but not whom your comment was directed to) and was directed at Oculus AAs at war with Non Grata. DoomSphere was not a factor in the decision.

12 hours ago, Jazzy95 said:

AlliancesThatSignTreatiesDuringAWarAndThenActivateThemSayWhat?

Welcome to the fight KoRT and what a great graphic to go with it!

I'll be sure to take advice from the CoTM Government member who let an entire protectorate get rolled by Methrage. Don't worry. You'll figure treaties out eventually.

None-the-less, I do enjoy seeing KoRT enter a war. Activity in this world is needed, whether fighting against, for, or on a different front entirely. However, reaching for oA into defending a ODP partner seems craven in the approach. Very well could have upgraded in the post, as Turtles did when declaring on CCC, and been more bold with the statement. 

8 minutes ago, SeaBeeGipson said:

1 ) If this was of concern to you, you very well could have addressed it in the thread when the announcement was made. 

2) Least the proper type of treaty was activated. Signing treaties and declaring wars has happened before on Planet Bob. oA into an ODP treaty is not one that comes to immediate memory. However, there has been plenty of situations over the course of the decades of this planet and precedence could very well exist that I am missing.

3) Neither CCC nor Turtles, or any involved parties involved with the direct OP of this thread. That was a decision between MONGOLS and Non Grata (whom is active in this thread but not whom your comment was directed to) and was directed at Oculus AAs at war with Non Grata. DoomSphere was not a factor in the decision.

Or maybe it’s because I’m not a “make it up as I go kind of thing” the irony of CCC and NG complaining about this is that they pull some off the wall stuff for a war. 

My court my rules kind of gig..laughable really. 

Yearly reminder that most alliances routinely did and do whatever they think they can get away with.

I comprehend the need to justify an alliance's actions and I understand people challenging their adversaries' narration, however only up to a certain point. The idea behind all of this is to enjoy the best you can get out of the dynamics of this world, it comes the point where the e-lawyering has to stop not to become perversion - be it said to all the parties involved.

4 hours ago, LordDarrin said:

I find it more embarrassing you upload a treaty mid war..Almost like you need more friends to help you fight but hey, whatever it takes am I right? 

When did TKTB upgrade their treaty that they noted in their DoW on CCC?

How did JA enter this war? 😜

JA articulated a reason for entering via the Moldavi Doctrine. Key phrase here, articulated a reason.  He both cited the Moldavi Doctrine and articulated his rationale. KoRT did neither of these things.  It's laziness at it's finest.  Nobody can realistically stop KoRT from doing what it wants to do, which in this case, is posture and pretend to contribute, I guess in the hopes that they won't get hit again down the line.  But that doesn't make the overall image disgraceful from multiple angles, whether it be the sheer diplomatic ignorance and laziness, the pixel-hugging nature of picking only the "safest" target that 80% of your coalition is already hitting, or a sense of betrayal inherent with a naked aggressive attack against someone who stood up for them a few years back.

24 minutes ago, jerdge said:

Yearly reminder that most alliances routinely did and do whatever they think they can get away with.

I comprehend the need to justify an alliance's actions and I understand people challenging their adversaries' narration, however only up to a certain point. The idea behind all of this is to enjoy the best you can get out of the dynamics of this world, it comes the point where the e-lawyering has to stop not to become perversion - be it said to all the parties involved.

100% agree with you, the whole starting a war because we wanted to narrative, then bemoaning about the war is getting so boring. The sad thing is you scroll through the various threads and it's the same people. 

For the record one of MHA's treaties was signed pre-war, it was just never posted. That was indicated in the annoucement. I'll take flame for the other one.

10 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

You disappoint me so much these days. Nearly 600 nations piling on 40 - and those 40 fighting at nearly level damage and continuing to escape staggers and declare new wars - is exactly the sort of thing that you've stood for countless times in this game, including as recently as the commie wars. Standing up for the little guy was literally the entire basis behind the micro world, and I honestly thought that if anyone could think objectively about that happening again, it would be you. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though that your blind hatred of NG is too overwhelming in this situation, and that instead of having any sympathy for an alliance still standing strong and proud under a literal world of pressure, you're instead mocking NG for not defending us more than they already have. It's just extremely sad.

I'm not explicitly mocking them for not defending you. As I see it it's a simple choice; continue with the public outrage about being dogpiled and accomplishing nothing in the process or actively do something about it and attack some of the alliances arrayed against you. Problem with the latter option is that strategically it leaves them wide open to being hit by the competent elements of RFI (which I believe you were being very careful to ensure were engaged elsewhere in the early stages of this war, right?), so you best just get comfortable being jumped on from a great height because that isn't going to change until more of your allies come to your aid. 

I will admit that the gratuitious overkill being piled onto your alliance in particular to bait NG out is pretty poor form- ethically and strategically. If they were hoping to bait NG into attacking an RFI alliance it would've happened already. My point is that both sides are playing the same treaty chess game and avoiding taking out certain pieces to save their own hides. 

Your alliance unfortunately happens to be one of the pawns being dunked on like lambs to the cosmic slaughter. 

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

52 minutes ago, firingline said:

I don't know what all this talk of "A" comes from.

KoRT activated a D-level treaty, because CCC committed acts of war against their ally.

It's really that simple.

Agreed, it’s a world wide war, everyone should just relax and feed the Blood Gods. There’s a ridiculous amount of e-lawyering going on here. KoRT should be allowed to spread out and get in the war without having to be tried for war crimes just because their treaty verbiage failed to include a “help my buddy in a fistfight outside the bar” clause.

Good lord.

2 minutes ago, Mumzilla said:

Nothing pathetic about coming to a treatise Allies defense. 

are you just that dense? 

The only people dense are individuals like yourself, who can't actually comprehend the laughable part of oA'ing into a war without an oA part to the treaty, let alone their treaty partner was the aggressor.  

But now adays I'm an old fart, and don't have time arguing with a brick wall like others.  So please continue to be dense with others that will enjoy talking in circles.  

Just now, Rhizoctonia said:

The only people dense are individuals like yourself, who can't actually comprehend the laughable part of oA'ing into a war without an oA part to the treaty, let alone their treaty partner was the aggressor.  

But now adays I'm an old fart, and don't have time arguing with a brick wall like others.  So please continue to be dense with others that will enjoy talking in circles.  

They didn't oA.

They activated a defense treaty based on CCC's actions against their allies.

Cry about it a little more.

Not to mention (again) KoRT not coming to Sparta's defense when they were attacked.

Clear cherry-picking, avoiding the tough fight and taking the easy one. That's pathetic. Though not entirely surprising from KoRT. Just thought maybe they'd have the decency to stay neutral at least. Apparently not.

2 minutes ago, Canik said:

Not to mention (again) KoRT not coming to Sparta's defense when they were attacked.

Clear cherry-picking, avoiding the tough fight and taking the easy one. That's pathetic. Though not entirely surprising from KoRT. Just thought maybe they'd have the decency to stay neutral at least. Apparently not.

Na, who would actually want to join in a war on a legitimate reason

34 minutes ago, Canik said:

Sparta chose to join FTW and NATO's aggressive war.

That's fine! Sparta didn't have to join that war, but it's certainly their right to. But pretending they were 'attacked' isn't going to fool anybody.

iamthey said it best:

The moralist RP would be great if it the war hadn't been started on such a thin pretext and your commitment to treaty mechanics wasn't so transparently based on your own unsuccessful attempts to manipulate the web in your favor.

KoRT defended the side that was attacked, and more specifically defended a small ally of theirs that your side had decided to dogpile. You can screech 'no oA!' all you want, but it doesn't matter - they activated a defensive pact based on CCC's aggression in a war that overall sees KoRT and their allies on the defensive side. oA doesn't factor into it at any level.

Seems like you're just mad you couldn't use Sparta to manipulate their ally. 

Edited by firingline